F35 Pictures

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
1,824
47
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Location
Lancaster, California
Here are some pictures of the F-35 out at Edwards. Hope you Enjoy. I also know the pictures are kinda big, but I already cut them down by 50%, plus wanted yall to have some good shots to enjoy.


I am in the 1000 photo, if you look at the first zero, right hand side 3rd one up, or look for the yellow circle. I am assigned to AF-3. View attachment 179014View attachment 179015View attachment 179016View attachment 179017View attachment 179018
 
Glad yall like!
 
Eric, probably wont be for some time as those were taken by Lockheed People. We are not allowed to have cameras, nor even any type of cell phone inside as it is a restricted area. I will keep my ears open if they end up having a open house and I will let you know.
 
Last edited:
I completely understand, and know how that is.
 
And to think, I applied for that position a couple of years ago. My lack of video experience was the stumbler. Ah well, I will get to photograph them soon.
 
Nice!
 
Love the the rare metal tinted glazing for Laser/Passive IR/FLIR/etc thingy under the nose - amazed thats on show - suggestive of intent future possiblilities... marketing etc.

1000 flights, thats actually quite something, by which version are these, morstly CTOL/C-STOL?
 
I noticed tail codes of AF-01, AF-02, etc. Are those Lockheed numbers? Or has the USAF changed the way they serialize aircraft? Are these still prototypes, or are these the production models?

* If you aren't comfortable answering those questions or can't for security reasons, I'm okay with that. Just curious.

I do love the tail flash on the first shot. The blue with lightning bolts looks great. I hope to be able to photograph that one in flight someday.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back