Favorite Vietnam War Movie

What is your Favorite Vietnam War Movie?

• Go Tell The Spartans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Boys in Company "C"

• Air America

• Casualties of War

• The Deer Hunter

• The Green Berets

• A Rumor of War

• The Walking Dead

• 84 Charlie Mopic

• Heaven Earth

• Flight of the Intruder

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I figured the NVA had an idea where the easter eggs were, but were being a**wipes by making him wander around out there in hopes of him finding one. But he was pissing that NVA soldier off so bad that they weren't paying attention to the fact that "Big Sky" was leading him out there...

Either way, that was a hellova tense scene!

Agreed. I think I was about 10 when I first saw that movie, and was kinda hoping for more guns and bombs and stuff. I need to revisit quite a few movies....

Has anybody seen "Charlie Mopic"? Hidden gem.

84C MoPic (1989)

Sheesh! got the title wrong - its "84 Charlie Mopic".

FlyboyJ, thats pretty cool. I think he was also the DI in "Boys in Co. C". He was at Reading WWII Weekend last year when TO, Charles and myself went but we didn't get to see him.

Last edited:
Hamburger hill all the way! Love that movie. I'm also a big fan of Platoon, especially Tom Berenger's bad ass performance :cool: It also has one of my all time favourite lines, by Kevin Dillion. "Yeah, but I still like a piece of pu**y once in a while, Ain't nothin' like a piece of pu**y, 'cept maybe the indy 500." Classic :lol:

Full Metal Jacket for me.

Private Joker: I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them.

There are some excellent Vietnam films. I love Good Morning Vietnam but it is a slightly different movie to the others in the list, I'm a huge Platoon, We Were Soldiers, AN and Full Metal Jacket is also a ripper.

I also found Deer Hunter a very powerful film!

Ham Hill was one of my favorites, Platoon,Boys in Company C, Full Metal Jacket are right up there...

The thing I want to stress is that those are all very good movies about the Vietnam war (except Tigerland - don't watch!) If you get a chance, watch them. "84 Charlie Mopic" I loved - its kinda like "Blair Witch Project in Vietnam"!

What, no "Gardens Of Stone"? I know it's not exactly about the war, but it shows what was happening and some of the conflicting feelings about the war on the "homefront".

I agree Stitch but I wanted to try and keep it just to the action-type movies. Thers also "Coming Home", "Born of the 4th of July", etc. Nothing to take away from them just wanted to narrow the field.

I agree Stitch but I wanted to try and keep it just to the action-type movies. Thers also "Coming Home", "Born of the 4th of July", etc. Nothing to take away from them just wanted to narrow the field.

No problem. That's why I voted for Apocalypse; it's not really about Vietnam itself, but it's still an intense and very entertaining movie (BTW, for those of you who don't know, it's really an updated version of Joseph Conrad's book Heart Of Darkness set in 1970's Vietnam).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back