Favourite WW2 Movie

Which is your favorite WW2 movie?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

magnocain must have been sucking on some Coca leaves when he watched Pearl Horbor;) Must have have hit Pearl Harbor by mistake trying to vote for Tora Tora Tora? That's is the only reasonable explaination? Or maybe he just liked it? To each his own.

tora tora tora its very realistic, does pearl harbor are realistic too ? i didnt see yet. by the trailers it looks like full of computer graphics and a little bit "to gun" story... just fantasy...

tora tora tora its very realistic, does pearl harbor are realistic too ? i didnt see yet. by the trailers it looks like full of computer graphics and a little bit "to gun" story... just fantasy...

Save your money, I couldn't sit through it once.

TO

Pearl Harbor was strictly written to capitalize on the recent popularity of Saving Private Ryan. Poorly acted, Ben Affleck is a terrible actor, and his buddy Josh Hartnett is not much better, at least in this role.
Took too much creative liscense with the actual way events happened.

Jugbr - STAY AWAY FROM THE "PEARL HARBOR" MOVIE! YOU WILL SUFFER IRREPAIRABLE HARM!

I voted for several but "Ryan" and "Das Boot" are the best - very hard to differntiate between the two. "Stalingrad" was an excellent movie as well, really portrayed the horror.

I'm surprised that nobody mentions Der Untergang. Has nobody seen it or did you just not think it was that good? I pretty much agree with the other things that have been said. Ryan, Das Boot and Stalingrad are amazing works.

And the Worst that really stick out IMO:
1. Enemy at the Gates - a fat and happy Russian kid in Stalingrad october 1942... nothing more needs to be said.
2. Pearl Harbour - Arrgh - nothing more needs to be said
3. Battle of the Bulge (not on list) - shot in the desert (no snow) using modern tanks
4. Harts War (not on list) - US POWs allowed to have a full trial and to interrogate a senior german officer due to the murder of a black airman.

Agree with you there, Dan. I've never seen the movie you mention. Is it only in EU release or has it made it to the states?

And don't forget "Anzio" as another god-awful movie!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R42gsGBWNkg

This is the trailer

I don't know if its available in the US - but it is available with english subtitles. The story takes places in Berlin during the last days of the Third Reich and is based on Traudl Junge's (Hitlers secretary) and other people's memoirs and research. Every single line and scene are as close to historically correct as possible. And the actors performances are nothing short of astounding. It gives the people we know as monsters a human feel - without in any way gloryfying them. Well enough advertising from :) But I can really recomend it!

Anzio - too true - yuck

I'm surprised that nobody mentions Der Untergang. Has nobody seen it or did you just not think it was that good?

So that's "Downfall". Didn't recognize the German title.

Great movie, it's available here, I saw it on TV (Starz or Encore).

I would have voted for it along with my other favorites.

TO

Wo.w, that's a tough one. I went for The Thin Red Line, but could also have said Ryan, Longest Day, Das Boot, Downfall or the Battle of Britain. Stalingrad is a great film as well, only problem is the only copy I can find has a dreadful dub of English with a bad German accent. Argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back