FHC's Mosquito Arrives

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Always is good to hear that a piston-engined aircraft is to become 'alive'. That it will be Mossie in this case is icing on the cake :)

I'm very curious to hear what scheme they will paint it. All I know is that it will be RAF but it seems to be a big secret.

Hi guys. Here are a few shots of the freshly unboxed Mosquito:

IMG_2393.JPG
IMG_2398.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    618.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    766 KB · Views: 86
"Dear Santa, I've been a good boy all year (well, nearly), so could I please have one of those for Christmas, and I promise I won't take the p*ss out of Jan - well, not for a day or two, anyway !"

Paint scheme is finished. From FHC's Facebook Page:

The FHC's Mosquito is back form the paint shop and nearly finished. Flight Officer Alan Wagner of No. 605 Squadron flew "Wag's War-Wagon" and became an ace in the plane on the night of March 5/6, 1944. Wagner often flew with his navigator Flight Officer "Pip" Orringe.

The plane's standard factory camouflage was later overshot with an "Intruder Scheme," a night black underside. After its March 5/6, 1944 mission, Wagner's aircraft carried two victory markings for Japanese aircraft Wagner claimed over Ceylon (today Sri Lanka) earlier in the war, along with three marks for German aircraft shot down—two Me 410s and a Fw 190. An FHC mechanic will be hand-painting the personal markings on the plane in the upcoming days.

In total, Wagner shot down nine confirmed enemy aircraft and two V-1s. Tragically, he was killed while chasing a V-1 "buzz bomb" in heavy fog when his speeding Tempest fighter struck the ground in July of 1944. He was 29 years old.

17156267_10154559753048666_5562738555306382466_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back