Fiat G.55 conversion to G.59

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gone a bit further:

Added some pipes in the engine compartment
DSCN2318.JPG

Done some weathering on the cockpit panes. I also decided to extend them on the rear because I think that it will be visible from a certain angle.
DSCN2319.JPG
DSCN2320.JPG
DSCN2322.JPG
DSCN2323.JPG

Added some wires on the front instrument panel. they will probably not be visible but ...
DSCN2327.JPG

The seat:
DSCN2325.JPG
DSCN2326.JPG

Finally I assembled the propeller
DSCN2324.JPG

Some more will follow soon
Alberto

Nice work Alberto. I'm also a little surprised at the chains for the lap belts!

Hello Terry, many thanks for your comment.
In facts is a very good question.
I installed those chains because they were supplied with the p.e. fret included in the kit and because, in my knowledge, they were a standard feature in Italian WW2 planes.
But I can be wrong as well, because this is a past WW2 bird and because the only picture I found so fare doesn't show those chains.

G 59 52.jpg

By the way, I'm still away from my house in Milan and I cannot check my books: I will do that when I will be back home in September.
Alberto

I'm guessing, but I would have thought that by that period, a 'proper' seat harness would have been used. The photo you posted looks like a good guide, but I think that it is a more recent shot, with a 'modern' harness, just going off the overall style and materials, and the blue web strap on the 'anti-g' crotch strap. The actual harness would probably be very similar though, maybe a slightly different colour perhaps, but small detail differences would not be noticed in this scale.

Hi,
I spent some time working on the fuselage:

DSCN2331.JPG
DSCN2332.JPG
DSCN2333 edit.jpg
DSCN2334.JPG

marked in red are scratch-built little vents I added according to instructions and photos.

next step will be to scribe new panels on both fuselage and wings.

Cheers
Alberto

I'm back in Milan since two weeks and I did some work on this project, as you can see here:

DSCN2337.JPG
DSCN2338.JPG
DSCN2339.JPG

Yellow tape defines already the limits of the black anti-glare area.

Detail photos shows that I added those new panels but also that there is some more putting to be done

DSCN2340 rev.jpg
DSCN2341.JPG

Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back