Fiesler Fi156C Storch 1/48 Tamiya Milestone 100th Release

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

treyzx10r

Senior Airman
Dec 27, 2010
orlando
This kit has a lot of extras
Fiesler002.gif

For some reason I've yet to figure out Tamiya decided to mold the clear canopy side panels to the fuselage halves
Fiesler004.gif

I'll be building this version as its just a 30 minute drive to see the real one so ref pics sure wo'nt be an issue
0408974.jpg

I've got the engine close to being ready to hang just need a few scratch wiring bits
Fieslereng1002.gif

Fieslereng1003.gif

Fieslereng2001.gif

Fieslereng2002.gif

Looking forward to this. Never saw that kind of molding before, clear and solid on one true. Interesting!

Great work! I have always been fascinated by this little aircraft and the unsung role it played. Really like the engine detail and weathering. Ditto Airfame's thoughts on a diorama: Wasn't it a Storch that Hanna Reitsch flew onto the bomb cratered streets of Berlin with the intent of rescuing Hitler from the Fuhrerbunker? Hmmm...

Big thanks for the kind words everyone,sorry to be a killjoy but dios are way out of my comfort zone.I hope you all can get by with a straight up build.
I scratched up the wiring for the engine starting by drilling pilot holes in the heads

Fiesler3eng002.gif

then the wires

Fiesler3eng003.gif

Fiesler3eng004.gif

Fiesler3eng005.gif

Fiesler3eng006.gif

Fiesler3eng007.gif

with the engine ready to hang its off to the office,photo etch goodies in place

Fiesler3eng001.gif

Fieslereng1001.gif

and the basics are done just some scratch bits left to detail it up

Fieslerint001.gif

Fieslerint002.gif

Fieslerint003.gif

Thanks for the support everyone
I got the Fuselage halves joined up with the floor the fit is very good thankfully

Fieslerint2002.gif

Fieslerint2001.gif

Fieslerint2003.gif

Fieslerint2004.gif

Fieslerint2005.gif

Fieslerint2006.gif

Neat work, looking good. Bit late now, but the advantage of the clear mouldings means the internal frame work of the glazing can be painted before assembly - prevents that 'spaced', semi-gloss look when they're painted with the internal colour on the outside.
Looking forward to the next stage.

Thanks Terry ,yes a bit late for this build but tucked away in my notes for the next one
Wayne thanks !
I made some progress on the Canopy and supports,pretty straight forward except I put the pilot seat in too soon making the forward support a little difficult to fit

Fieslercanopy004.gif

Fieslercanopy005.gif

Fieslercanopy002.gif

Fieslercanopy001.gif

Fieslercanopy006.gif

Thanks Terry and it really is a nice kit the fit is awesome no putty so far! Thanks for the kind words Harrison
Wings are on ,now getting ready to preshade

Fieslerwings001.gif

Fieslerwings002.gif

went with the flaps down option

Fieslerwings003.gif

Fieslerwings004.gif

Cool Trey look'in really good thus far but I think this is the 2nd time time you have cheated with those pre-cut stickys for the canopy.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back