**** FINISHED: 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury FBII, 807 NAS, 1951 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
1/48th scale Hawker Sea Fury FBII, 807 Naval Air Sqn, Fleet Air Arm, HMS Theseus, Korea, 1951.

Username: Airframes.
Name: Terrius Lethargicus.
Category: Judge- non competing.
Kit. Hobbycraft
Scale: 1/48th.
Accessories: True Details resin wheels, Falcon vac-form canopy, Airwaves pe wing fold, RPs from spares box, scratch-built cockpit detail and seat harness, other scratch-built bits and pieces.

At last, after nearly two months of lethargy, stiff hands and lack of motivation, I've managed to finish the Sea Fury.
I had a bit of trouble with 'lumpy' paint when finishing the drop tanks, and then a dust problem with the clear coat on the tanks, prop and spinner, but these can be rectified at a later date.
I'm afraid the photos aren't up to standard, as my hands, neck and shoulders are so stiff I was having difficulty holding the camera, but at least it's finished (for now), and I can now move on to concentrating on the commission build, and getting some of the initial work done on the 1/32nd scale Hawk.
Thanks for all your encouragement and interest during this prolonged build. Here's the six mandatory shots, and some 'messing about' pics.

Attachments

• Sea Fury Build 184.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 184.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Sea Fury Build 185.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 185.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Sea Fury Build 187.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 187.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Sea Fury Build 188.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 188.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Sea Fury Build 189.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 189.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Sea Fury Build 190.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 190.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Sea Fury Build 191.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 191.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 226
  • Sea Fury Build 203.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 203.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Sea Fury Build 204.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 204.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Sea Fury Build 207.jpg
    Sea Fury Build 207.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited by a moderator:
What a beaut Terry! Nice to see this one finally done and to such good quality. And those pics are great too, despite your misgivings!

Thanks very much indeed chaps. It's not as good as it could be in the final areas built, and I'm not completely happy with it. I'm going to remove the tanks and prop and re-do them, when my hands are working better!

Wow what can I say Terry a fantastic build and I love the final three photos, how did you achieve them? were they done in photoshop? by the way how's the judging coming along?
Vaughan

Thanks very much for the kind words chaps, it's very much appreciated. Hopefully I can now get back in the groove and get down to some more modelling.
Vaughan, the photos of the sunsets etc were done the old fashioned way - posed against suitable pics on my monitor screen, with a small, hooded 'key light' off to one side, at an angle. I should have really used a tripod, rather than hand held, but my hands were so stiff I couldn't operate the tripod head release catch!
Forgot to add - my part of the judging is part way through; with a bit of luck, we might have the results in the next couple of weeks, when all returns to normal.

I see you have done it again Terry, an absolute stunner and great sunset adaptation.

Happy New Year to you mate, I hope you get a better one this time round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back