**** FINISHED: 1/48 P-40N RAAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah well................... Such is life.
***We have to live by the rules!

***Rules:
13.) Once declared as finished, a model can not be modified or improved in any
way, other than submitting better quality photographs if required or requested.

Last edited:
Just to set the record straight.

As some of you noticed, when Bill first posted his final pictures there was a discrepancy with the cockpit canopy behind the pilot. Bill had accidently left on the masking, taken his photographs and made his post.

Theoretically in the rules (Rule 13) it does state that modifications to a model after the posting of a finished thread is not acceptable and that the posting of new pictures unless requested by the judges is also a no, no.

However, in this instance what happened was that poor old Bill 'emphasis on the old', he will be 71 this year, forgot all about the masking, until reminded by you good folks. So as we all would have probably done, he removed the masking and posted new pics.

In the opinion of the judges, this is not considered a modification, just the correcting of a simple oversight.

So rest easy Bill, your entry is safe and accepted with the completed canopy and revised pictures.

It'd be different if the kit were modified, I think if you had taken this to an actual show and forgot to remove the masks you'd realize during setup or something, and the judges wouldn't know any better.

Just to set the record straight.

As some of you noticed, when Bill first posted his final pictures there was a discrepancy with the cockpit canopy behind the pilot. Bill had accidently left on the masking, taken his photographs and made his post.

Theoretically in the rules (Rule 13) it does state that modifications to a model after the posting of a finished thread is not acceptable and that the posting of new pictures unless requested by the judges is also a no, no.

However, in this instance what happened was that poor old Bill 'emphasis on the old', he will be 71 this year, forgot all about the masking, until reminded by you good folks. So as we all would have probably done, he removed the masking and posted new pics.

In the opinion of the judges, this is not considered a modification, just the correcting of a simple oversight.

So rest easy Bill, your entry is safe and accepted with the completed canopy and revised pictures.

:thumbright:

She looks great Bill, and don't let the masking bother you too much. I did a Boeing 247 in NMF a wile back and wile looking at it several years after it was built I noticed an unusual texture on one of the panels and sure enough I'd forgotten to peal off the masking.

I can now tell everyone the exterior colors are Tamiya rattle cans, white, OD and gray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back