**** FINISHED: 1/48 P-47D Razorback - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
1/48 P-47D Razorback - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

User Name - Fubar57
Name - George
Category - Intermediate
Kit - Revell P-47D Razorback
Extras - LPS Decals "British Thunderbolts"

My second entry into GB#20. The required shots...

019.JPG
021.JPG
022.JPG
023.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG

I would like to thank all those who popped in to look, and offer support and advice and to Terry(Airframes)for all the back and forth.

Geo

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nicely done George!
Just noticed the prop. Sorry if I missed it in the build, but is this the kit prop? Being the HS prop, it's different to the original (Curtiss) prop in the older issue of the kit I have. Just wondering if they've up-dated or changed some areas of the kit.

Thank you kindly gentlemen. Terry, the propeller is, I believe from a Monogram kit. It wasn't correct for the scheme I built so it was just a matter of swapping them. I don't know why, but I have a habit of not gluing propeller to finished models.

Geo

Thanks George. Pity there aren't after market props for the P-47, as I'll probably need both the Curtiss (as in the 3 razorback kits I have) and the Hamilton Standard. Looks like I'll have to try to modify kit parts.

Thanks for the links George. I might need one HS prop, so if I can't modify a Curtiss example from the kit(s), I now know where to look.

Great result on the Thunderboltb Geo, well done. Both the Tamiya and Hasegawa have alternative props. TheTamiya comes with three different types, so if you want one type in particular, just shout.

I can help or someone else is bound to have one in the spares.

Cheers

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back