**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Razorback - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hope these help Geo, from my decal set, as Dogsbody says just replace Dark earth with the Grey

p-47a.jpg

p-47s.jpg

Thanks guys and thanks Karl. Notice on your sheet and just about every furlushinger photo and profile I can find, that every aircraft has the green camo going fully through the cockpit area and mine only goes through the front half on port side and exits Gawd knows where on the starboard. I can't find a photo of the real aircraft so maybe this is an artists impression.(or not). I'll use my portside profile and then sweep the starboard cockpit green area back to match your profile, slightly. C'est la vie.

Geo

I think I'd stick with the majority, where the profiles, paintings and photos show the same pattern, as the camouflage was painted to a set, Regulation pattern. OK, there were occasional exceptions, but unless there's photo evidence, the standard pattern is a safer bet.

I agree Terry. After going through 22 P-47 books, (some two and three times over) and several RAF books and several hours surfing the Web using different search patterns, not one image of this aircraft or any other that was even close to this camo pattern. Off to apply the green.....

Geo

Damn, Geo, that jug is looking mighty nice. The '47 is one of my very favorite of the allied birds in WWII. You are getting my '47 itch going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back