**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Razorback - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds good Geo. I seem to remember having a slight problem clagging the engine cowl onto the Academy fuselage, but my example of the Monogram razorback is really minimal, and what surface there is, is also chamfered and very shiny. Got more chance of finding Hitler's dog than you have of sticking anything to it!
Just got to nip out - forgot to get milk and sugar - so I should have some pics in my thread in about an hour or so.

A test run and she's a press fit now.

001.JPG
003.JPG

Got some mudding to do on the wings and then I'll glue the cowling and elevators on. Speaking of filler, I've got less than an inch to do.....very unlike me.

Geo

Looks like we're both at about the same stage George.
In case you haven't seen my last post in my thread - there's a trim tab on the starboard aileron that shouldn't be there, so it will need filling. The small Fletner balance tab, protruding from the starboard aileron is correct, and should be retained, and the port aileron is correct as moulded.

She flies. Revell must have picked up on the error with the trim tab at some point......
001.JPG
002.JPG

Could have swore I just read that the aircraft arrived in England sans camo and it was added later. Wouldn't these then be RAF colors and not ANA?

004.JPG

Time for re-research.

Geo

Isn't research awesome. This is from the first four books and I've got a canoe full of -47 books to go through....
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Back to the books after a visit to the doctor..

Geo

Last edited:
Good stuff, and yes, I seem to recall the aircraft had the usual 'equivalent colours' applied at the factory.
Just filled that trim tab on my model - and it's only engraved on the top surface, the underside being plain!

These are the RAF(top), ANA equivalents(bottom). Three outta four of the articles I posted state the P-47s were painted in RAF colors. I've got lots of time left, so I'm going to research this further. I've got all the colors for both schemes, maybe use all of 'em to take into account for sun fade, ya never know.

ana.JPG
ana1.JPG
ana2.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back