**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Razorback - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Gentlemen. Decal process has begun. This is the first time I've used LPS decals. I was concerned about the camo colors showing through the white numbers but no problems and they settle down over the raised panel lines nicely. As shown by the arrows, they don't conform perfectly to curves when wet but they will slowly work themselves in almost completely. The wing decal was similar but after multiple applications of decal solvent it settled down. Do not use Mr. Mark Softener as it leaves a mark where the crease was even though excess was removed almost immediately, just sayin'.

001.JPG
003.JPG
007.JPG

Geo

Thank you very much gentlemen. From now on, as Gawd as my witness, whenever I start a new model, the first thing that gets dealt with is the clear parts. This is all that stands between me and finished.

Geo

Sound self advice that George. Dip'em and store'em at the start of the build and when a spare idle moment, mask'em long before you need them. That's what I try to do, but it don't always work.

Multi-panel canopies scare the bejaysus out of me. I haven't yet got the hang of masking them like you guys do. I mask of the vertical frames first, paint, clean up, and then do the horizontals. Very time consuming. Anyhoo, I'm just waiting for them to dry and mount, a few minor touch-ups, do a couple of strafing runs on Dawg and this suckers done. Photos in the A.M..

Geo

Thank you Wojtek. I thought I would put her together with her sister. Two more to go in this 73 OTU series, a camo bubbletop and an all black bubbletop.

017.JPG

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back