**** DONE: 1/48 P-40N RAAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man-o-man, all this stuff to do buying an apartment.. I'll have to make time to finish this up, not much left to do.........

Then the moving crap starts!!!!
Be in by the 5th of April we hope.

We're another day closer to closing the deal. Valuation inspection by the bank on Monday.
Meanwhile I got the flat coat on this morning. Now even closer to finishing.

Good news on the new place Bill, although I don't envy you having to carefully pack your models, ready for the move. I'm dreading that when/if I move house again !

Good thing is, being closer to 71 than 70, it'll probably be the last move I make.

Gonna try and finish Black Magic today, just clear bits to attach......... I think.

Well all I do now is the "weathering" as little experience at it I have, it's what I come up with I guess.
Next stop "Finished".

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-24.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-24.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 111
  • GB20-1d P-40-24a.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-24a.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Nicely done.

Like Peter, I think that if you're looking for a bit of weathering, some lightly applied gun smoke could be done. Also some exhaust stains. Both could be done with powdered pencil graphite applied with a small paint brush. Start lightly and build up to the point you like it. I also use this technique around removable engine cowls where handling by grimey hands would have been frequent.

Nicely done.

Like Peter, I think that if you're looking for a bit of weathering, some lightly applied gun smoke could be done. Also some exhaust stains. Both could be done with powdered pencil graphite applied with a small paint brush. Start lightly and build up to the point you like it. I also use this technique around removable engine cowls where handling by grimey hands would have been frequent.

Or nick the wife's eye-liner pencil. A small line behind the exhaust, then wipe it aft with a finger tip or cotton bud, which will smudge it into a very convincing exhaust (or gun blast) stain. It can also be used for creating a general grime patina, oil stains or streaks etc etc, depending on how applied and worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back