**** DONE: 1/48 P-40N RAAF - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Was not by choice, it was sadly overlooked, or by not knowing is more like it................ until After it was painted.

Why would you be thrashed. I'll be using Tamiya too.

Bill, I noticed you did not fill the little holes in front of and below the windscreen. Should done that before the green.

Because he was going to reply "OD Green" instead of Tamiya.:lol:

Bill, this is looking phenomenal sir! Even with the (pull your hair out, bang head on wall, jump up and down, and throw tools) delays. You're doing excellent sir.:notworthy:

Last edited:
I have a pilots license........... that was much tougher than filling this little old scallop!
No biggee.
It's ready to paint..... am just into the C-47, and now the Harvard..... then it will be...

Just doing the catch-up Bill, Happy New Year mate and for a moment of two I though I was reading some recently discovered Monty Python sketch. Looks like you been making your own entertainment over Christmas mate. Hope it all comes good in the end.

Nice fix behind the exhaust Bill. You'd think if they knew enough to include the fill-in part they'd know what P-40 models needed it and get the instructions right. Oh well. :dontknow:

This is why my forehead is flat....... from palm slapping it so often!

So today I have painted the wing leading edges. Just have the chin to paint white, and the blue at the top of the tail.
I got the gear doors on, front and back. will have to give the tail wheel interior another coat of soilant green. Drop tank is stuck on. Bits and pieces to attach, as well as the landing gear after I attach the brake lines.

After the deckles I will try a dull coat. Polish and flat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish me luck.
Hope to be done in a couple of days, if all goes well.

Attachments

• GB20-1d P-40-21a.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-21a.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 77
  • GB20-1d P-40-21b.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-21b.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 76
  • GB20-1d P-40-21c.jpg
    GB20-1d P-40-21c.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Back