**** FINISHED: 1/72 F-86F - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Username: Rogi
Name: Igor
Category: Beginer
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Academy
Type: North American F-86F-30
Aftermarket: none, just scratch built the seat belt, wing lights and airbrushed the checker tail and yellow/black identification stripes.

HISTORY:
The Korean War started on the 5th of June,1950 and lasted until the 27th of July 1953 when North and South Korea and its allies agreed to a ceasefire along the 38th parallel. Creating the DMZ (Demilitarized zone) which still exists today as the border between North and South Korea.

When the Korean war started, the US allied itself with South Korea, supporting its ally with troops, and equipment, among the aircraft sent to Korea was the new F-86A and later E Sabres. Slowly changes in both aircraft started to develop.

During the end of the Korean War newer variants of the F-86 Sabre were introduced, among many upgrades, the wing changed from a slatted configuration to a 6'3 (un-slated) wing. This gave the Sabre improved performance.
The F-86F-30 emerged in the skys over Korea and aided the war effort, among these aircraft is Captain Charles McSwain's mount, "Mike's Bird" F-86F-30 serial #52-4641 of the 39th FIS/51st FIW based a Suwon (K-13)

Here are the pictures of the completed model :)
DSCN8249_zps6a210f9c.jpg

#2(if alternative is needed please let me know :)
DSCN8240_zps475db3ff.jpg

DSCN8244_zps8bd0fa36.jpg

DSCN8250_zpsf9ba6057.jpg

DSCN8243_zpsd1b8c433.jpg

DSCN8255_zps3d268065.jpg

Optional:

RSCN8261_zps1f59f768.jpg

DSCN8266_zpsbfe0b8d4.jpg

RSCN8260_zps8f459e64.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the kind words :) it means a lot after completing such a huge project :D

My next step is master Micro Sol, since it appears to do well when applied lightly onto the decal. I'll have to ask one of the masters on advice :D

Thank you Gnomey, Sergio and Parsifal :)

It is amazing how much I have been able to learn about this build, not just in taking your time to finish something but having the right tools to accomplish the task :) I'm really glad about how this Sabre ended up and these modeling lessons will stay with me for the next bird :)

Now if I could only figure out polishing Canopy seam lines lol and making it as clear as day.

Great job Igor. Got me itching to start one of my RCAF -86's.

Geo

Thank you Woody and Geo:)

Speaking of RCAF, I'll be doing one of Sky Lancer's 56 Team Geo :D Maybe we could do a Unofficial RCAF Sabres GB :D hehehe :)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back