**** FINISHED: GB-49 1/48 Hawker Typhoon 1B- Favourite A/C of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jock Tamson

Senior Airman
Jan 14, 2019
Scotland
Username: Jock Tamson
First name: Greg
Category: Intermediate
Manufacturer: Italieri/Hasegawa
Model: Typhoon 1B
Scale: 1/48

The venerable Hasegawa molds for a few years back still build up in to a nice model that looks every inch a Typhoon to my eye. I'm not aware of any competition from other manufacturers in this scale other than the very old Monogram kit, which is also a nice build with a bit of TLC.

If possible i like to find out a bit about the aircraft i am modelling, and in this case there was a bit of info around the pilot of the machine in question. My Typhoon was flown by Wing Commander Peter Brooker who led the Wing from D Day until July 1944 when he was rested. Brooker had had an eventful war. He joined the RAF in 1936 and served until 1945. During the Battle of Britain he was Aide de Camp to AVM Keith Park and flew with 56 Squadron claiming two kills during the Battle. After the BoB he was posted to SEA where he continued flying Hurricanes against the Japanese. He was promoted to Squadron Leader when his CO was killed and was instrumental in destroying the squadrons remaining aircraft following the retreat in 1942. After being seconded to the RAAF flying Kittyhawks Brooker returned to the UK being involved in the development of close support and ground attack ahead of the D Day landings. Sadly he did not survive the war. In April 1945 he was shot down by FW190's near the border with Germany while flying a Hawker Tempest. Brooker won the DFC & DSO during his service and is commemorated on the Runneymede Memorial.

IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3904.JPG
IMG_3900.JPG
IMG_3894.JPG
IMG_3901.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Looking great. :thumbright:

PS. there is a lack of a shot taken from the front. :)
Yep, nice job. Please add the view from directly forward and from a lower angle than your 6 o'clock pic. Need to see the landing gear.
Thank you and noted regarding the frontal shot. I did take on but must have missed downloading it from my camera. I will sort that out shortly.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back