**** DONE: GB-49 1/48 Hawker Typhoon 1B - Favorite A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good Greg but you could have saved yourself some tape and not bothered with masking the outer edges of the white, provided that you spray the white wider than needed for the stripe. You'll need to mask these edges for the camo colours anyway.

Bit more progress this weekend, with most of the painting completed. Next up will be the decals, which i am a bit nevous of as these are the ones supplied with the kit. Fortunately there are not too many.

So next will be a coat of Humbrol Clear....

Thanks for looking, Cheers Greg

IMG_3869.JPG

Many thanks, once again, for all your comments, likes, and encouragement, it all makes the journey so much more enjoyable.

I am happy to say i have now completed my Typhoon, which has been a really nice kit to work with. The end result looks very much like the real thing, albeit there are a few small inaccuracies due to Hasegawa using the molds for the earlier model. An example being the leading edge landing lights which i can't see on period photos on this version of the Typhoon,

Now all i need to do is try and take some reasonable photos of it, which will appear in the finished thread, which i will post in a while. Theres also a bit i will add about the pilot of the particular machine i have modelled dug up from the net.

Meanwhile here is a couple of bench photos of the beast, armed and ready! Thanks for looking, cheers Greg.

IMG_3870.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3872.JPG

Nice looking model. The reason that you don't see landing lights in period photos is twofold. First, later Typhoons only carried the port one and secondly, the rocket carriers often had the lenses faired over as the they could be damaged from the rocket exhausts.

Sorry for the delay foljs. Finished thread now posted. Will edit shortly to add a bit about the pilot. Thanks for looking. Cheers Greg 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back