**** DONE: GB-49 1/144 Spitfire IXc - Favorite A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is the inside before closing it up. Every time I picked it up, I would say to myself, "don't break the cannons, tail wheel or radio mast". Of course I broke off the mast and can't even find it. So far, the rest have survived. The cockpit looks really good and will definitely get the PE for any other kit in this scale that has it.
SPRU5.jpg

Fantastic interior detail for this scale.
Every time I build a kit that has the breakable parts like that radio mast molded with the fuselage halves I cut it off and store it in a safe place to be reattached in the last stage of construction. it makes smoothing out the glue joints a lot easier too.

I've been feeling uninspired about both tiny builds. The Spit is painted and ready for final assembly, decals and weathering; but overall, I'm not really happy with how it looks. Being so small, every step is more difficult then I'm used to. I managed to break off one of the cannons and the tail wheel, which has disappeared. I even read fubar57 fubar57 old thread about motivation. I will crack on over the weekend; and hopefully post some finished photos.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, kind words, and @$$ kicking. I now understand the hate?, no aversion to 1/72. But it's done and I'm ready to start the next one. I will say that the kit can be stunning, given the level of detail that is available to a less ham handed builder. The photo etch that I didn't use included, flaps, carb intake, mirrors, pitot tube, and complete interior.
final9.jpg

Very nice job, and I can fully understand why you didn't attempt to paint the canopy frames - I'd have problems just seeing the model, never mind those frames, even with my "Optivisor" on full magnification !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back