**** DONE: GB-49 1/48 Bf109E-3 - Favorite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK! Now this is really picky (AR if you will). Since I have chosen the 'as delivered' version, blue/white/red tail rudder painted at the German factory with washable paint, would the decal noted as 69 show? Believe me, these are so small and the contrast is terrible, and if I were to put it on or not no one would notice. But principal dictates.

Decal.jpg

If the red/white/blue is still on, I'd leave the stencil off as it was probably over-painted. It the colours were that thin then you would probably also see some of the underlying green through them.

If the red/white/blue is still on, I'd leave the stencil off as it was probably over-painted. It the colours were that thin then you would probably also see some of the underlying green through them.

Kind of what I was thinking. The photos that I have seen appear to have a fairly solid RWB coloring (post 1 and 26). What is interesting, and frustrating, seeing a stencil on the tail section (post 26), it is white. The decals that I got with the kit are black. Although the white stencil in the post 26 photo is not part of my set? Too many variations and nuts like me that are starting to worry about stuff like this! Going with what I got and assume the world won't end.

The world won't end. I'm curious about your pic in post 1. I'm thinking it must be a modern replica and so can't be relied upon for accuracy with a WW2 subject. I find that white stencils are very hard to see on a decal sheet so you may want to double check.

The world won't end. I'm curious about your pic in post 1. I'm thinking it must be a modern replica and so can't be relied upon for accuracy with a WW2 subject. I find that white stencils are very hard to see on a decal sheet so you may want to double check.

Funny. Posting, mine, is kind of like wearing those damn masks. One never knows what the other is trying to say with their emotions/expressions covered. I was curious on the decal/stencil and thought it would be somewhat like a puzzle challenge to see what the responses would be, in a kind of humorous way. In a way, it was sort of obvious that the stencil would have not shown, or was applied post delivery, but one never knows with the depth of knowledge on the forum! The missing of a white stencil? Airfix makes a really great stencil sheet with all of the items clearly marked, Nope, it is black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back