**** DONE: GB-49 1/48 Bf109E-3 - Favorite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm with Geo on the 02. Though a modern resto, it's pretty faithful:
IMG_1008 reduced.jpg

Thank you. Do-overs are no fun.
Intuition says that these areas would have just been painted whatever was being applied externally, but that would have assumed flaps up or down. If in neutral position when being painted then the frame colors would have survived. The previous post from CATCH-22 shown flaps down. SO??
In the photo I posted one can see that the wings have been painted SEPARATELY from the fuselage. If you want to do flaps down, the streamlined end piece of the wing (attached to the body) is in the fuselage colour but it looks slightly different. You might need to hollow it a little bit. The inside colour should be RLM 02.
Check this historical photo of your L-52 again.

Last edited:
In the photo I posted one can see that the wings have been painted SEPARATELY from the fuselage. If you want to do flaps down, the streamlined end piece of the wing (attached to the body) is in the fuselage colour but it looks slightly different. You might need to hollow it a little bit. The inside colour should be RLM 02.
Check this historical photo again.

The model Gods must be with me today then. Just the way the pieces were mated created the 'hollow' area. A little futsing and maybe some putty and It will look like it was intended.

Ahhh! The joy's of 1:48 over 1:72....

hollow out.jpg

I hear you. I take all my model pics with my old Samsung S6 now except for the finished set. The cell phone does very well, though I don't think I can get in as tight as you did.

I hear you. I take all my model pics with my old Samsung S6 now except for the finished set. The cell phone does very well, though I don't think I can get in as tight as you did.

The wife's Galaxy 3 died and we replaced it with yet another Samsung; a Galaxy A71. Has 3, count them, three lenses. If I can wrastle it from her I'll try getting some pics with it to see how it does? Anyone interested in some hardly used Canon EOS equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back