First build in over 35 years...Monogram 1/48 scale B-25J

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
I confess she is not quite done but she fits better here then in the start to finish builds thread. As the title says this is my first build in over 35 years. I don't remember my hands being quite so shaky nor my eyesight quite so bad but I am quite pleased with the way she has turned out so far. A few things to clean up, a couple more parts to attach as well as gluing on a few of the main parts ie: wings, nose cone.

I am doing her up as a generic B-25J. She will not carry any unit markings or such, just standard U.S. national markings. I have had an absolute great time getting back into this hobby. I have learned a few things from others here on the board and hope to be able to improve with each additional model. I have close to 40 hours into this one and will soon start thinking about what next.

Hope you enjoy and please be kind.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice one Jeff, especially after such a long break from modelling. If I have a break of 35 days (which happens quite often!), it shows!

On the matter of the shakes........
If you are like me, just 70, its something to be expected.
If you are in your 60's its an early onslaught.
If you are just in your 50's I would go for a checkup,
it could be neurological,
just sayin.

just sayin.

So sayest the Old Bill!

But Jeff, when you're putting those little bits in or on the model at the oddest of angle, I think we all get the shakes.

For a fellow who's renewing the thrill of building birds after 30+ years, you've done well old chap. Maybe we'll see you in a GB in time.

just sayin.

And if your name is Jan, and you're Swettish, then the shakes are normal and disappear once the pub re-opens ................

Okay guys, I'm calling it done now. Here a some updated photos.

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063-1.jpg

A bit of glare but the pics are a pretty good indication of how she looks in terms of colour. Comments, criticism and suggestions are encouraged and welcomed.

Now....what to do next?

Cheers,

Jeff

PS. I need to dust the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back