First model post. F4U Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jester63

Airman
Nov 19, 2010
Three Rivers, MI
This is a few of the models that I have built recently. Again remember I am fairly new to model building, and have yet to learn many of your techniques such as weathering, gap filling, Photo Etch....etc. I hope to learn much from all of you here, and to hopefully be able to build highly detailed kits like all the ones posted here!! Well, here they are:

ModelPics005.jpg

ModelPics006.jpg

ModelPics007.jpg

ModelPics008.jpg

ModelPics009.jpg

ModelPics010.jpg

And this is a ship model Diorama I built. It was my first attempt at a diorama. There are many things I would change now.Oh well, learning process for next time! :D Got the idea from a photo I found online. It is depicting the USS Astoria CA34 at the Battle of Midway. The SBD Dauntless is from the USS Yorktown, which had been sunk. Therefore, the planes had to ditch near allied ships to be rescued.

ModelPics020-1.jpg

ModelPics019-1.jpg

ModelPics003-1.jpg

And a couple other ships:

ModelPics011.jpg

ModelPics012.jpg

Thats all for now. Thanks for looking! And let the suggestions begin on how I can make my models look more detailed like all of yours! PLEASE! lol Any and all help is appreciated!

Last edited:
All your models here look very nice. I agree some of weathering could be added to them.But it doesn't mean they are bad. Now the major thing is the background in these shots. Please try to use something of solid colour instead of a fitted carpet. Also more light would make these pictures better.

Concerning more detailed models... this has to be planned before you can start. You can make them yourself or buy aftermarket additional rasin and/or photoetched parts. Just you have to decide what you want to make more detailed and then do that. I would suggest gathering all references for aircraft ( especially drawings, pictures) These are always very useful for the purpose.

I agree with Wurger on the photography advice. Your models look great however. I'm a beginner when it comes to weathering as well so welcome to the club! Actually, I don't have any issues with a completely clean build - after all, at one point all aircraft had a factory-fresh paint job...(Although I do jealously admire the way some guys can weather a model and make it look right.)

I'll say! There's some real talent there for a beginner. Just looking at your P-47 nose cowl, I would say you are well on your way to expanding your skillset. Well done!

Well your painting skills look good for sure and you do have alittle PE skills from the ships.I like the work though.Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back