First Time Groupbuilder Questions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CommanderBounds

Airman 1st Class
Jan 5, 2013
Salem, AL
Well guys considering I'm starting out on my first groupbuild I have few questions. What does the category mean And how exactly do you determine it? Is it based on skill level,scale or something else? Also what are the rules for the competition? Is it Judged by category? And do you have to enter the competition? Just a few questions (well actually alot of questions) I wanted to ask before I enter the build. My kits shipping in on around Friday, June 13 and then I'll enter in the build. Any help/answers is/are appreciated!

Well, Let's take this one at a time.
At 14 I was pretty good. Not as good as I am now. (Modeling) Check out the group builds and decide for your self how you stack up. That will help you determine if you are "beginner" or whatever.
Remember that we are all here to help with "how-to" type questions. However, a lot of your questions can be answered by looking on the forum. It is a wealth of information.
We welcome new builders, and don't worry about annoying the grumpy old farts, (I'm one), we want new blood into the hobby!
So, Welcome kid! Hope you learn lots, and spread your love of modeling to your friends.
My name is Paul and I have built all kinds of models. You can private message me any time about anything modeling. Tanks, ships or aircraft.
If I don't know the answer, I can find someone that does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back