flyboyj and evan's flight adventure...sort of

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have to ask ...why does he have a Jet Provost? A sloth could out-accelerate one.

102first_hussars said:
trackend said:
The poor bastard :)

Who's Ron Jeremy?

Oh now I know, the c**t with the c**k

Thanks 102

Attachments

• rj_105_600.jpg
    rj_105_600.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 283
lesofprimus said:
Sure is nice sleeping in ur own bed, aint it????

Yep - Can't wait to get home - we just checked weather - looks like dogsh*t again, but I think we could get out. If we can't land at March AFB we're going into Thermal Air Port by Palm Springs - it just so happens Doug has a car there - If we go into March and it's IFR, we go ILS and a GPS (I'll be watching from the rear cockpit). If the weather was good, I'd be flyingfrom the front seat (RATS!)

plan_D said:
I have to ask ...why does he have a Jet Provost? A sloth could out-accelerate one.

Actually on take off it accelerates faster than the L-29! My father-in-law gave the check out to Bob and he actually liked flying it. I sat in it on Sat and it had a lot more room than the L-29 and the side - by - side seating I think is better for training.

There's a lot of Czech and Russian Jets here - the Provost is kind of different - it's so ugly it looks good!!!! ;)

Wow, outstandingf pix guys! I must say I'm envious... Must be a great experience.

I was thinking of meeting Adler in the previous discussed Air Battle Over Bohemia Museum on the Czech-German borders... BTW, Erich, they screened a reportage in the Czech TV (I got it recorded) and Mr. Jan Zdiarsky was there.

Well it's almost 8 am here - we'll probably go out around 10 - the weather at March AFB is 7/8 overcast - we may have to go into Palm Springs....

Made it back! We showed up at base ops, the ceiling at Point Mugu got down to almost ground level - March AFB was worse!!! The whole basin was socked in and the tops of the Marine Layer was 7,000 feet. The guys at Mugu gave us a rental car, so Doug got me to the airport. Nice to be home. I got a few more pics, I'll post them tomorrow at work!

Then your L-29 is a ...well, something that's very slow. I've seen those Jet Provosts taking off, landing, flying around ...they're embarassing - even for a trainer. A Tecano can out-run one ...your friend wants a Tecano!

plan_D said:
Then your L-29 is a ...well, something that's very slow. I've seen those Jet Provosts taking off, landing, flying around ...they're embarassing - even for a trainer. A Tecano can out-run one ...your friend wants a Tecano!

On take off all those vintage jet trainers are - When you take off in the -29 it seems like it takes forever for the nose to come it, then it kind of chugs into the air until you're on the downwind, at that point you're up to about 230 knots! 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back