Fokker Dr1 - ‘Remember Me?’ (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fokkerdr1pre50km7.jpg

Wayne Little: Thank you.

Second go at streaking the wings.

fokkerdr1pre51vo5.jpg

genkideskan: Those are nice links with some good reference images. I like the scope you posted better than the newer version I made so I will make this older type too.

Adding some grime gets underway.

Wayne Little Catch22: Thank you.

The 1st full render of my Fokker Dr.1 model. Colour scheme depicted is that of 213/17 flown by Ltn. Friedrich Kempf.

This 500,000+ polygon model was made with Cinema4D 9.6 and painted using BodyPaint. Maxwell Render 1.7 used for the materials and render.

dr12131702bbi8.jpg

Wurger: Thank you.

This is the 2nd full render of my Fokker Dr.1 213/17 model.

The sky backdrop was composited in as postwork, helped along by an alpha image from Maxwell Render 1.7.

fokkerdr1pre52hl6.jpg

I thought it would be a waste of all the hours spents making UV maps to just confine all that work to one colour scheme for this Fokker. So, here's the start of some new textures.

I've more or less decided to display this new colour scheme Fokker as a scale model and place it on a small diorama - similar to this preview.

A bit more grime is to added and I'm going to try converting those grime layers to reflection maps for use with Maxwell Materials. The reflections are too uniform at present across the Fokkers' 'varnished' surfaces.

fokkerdr1pre53ui2.jpg

Wurger Wayne Little: Thank you.

Something to shoot at! I was toying with the idea of making a tail section of another aircraft to place in a render - the plans shown here are of a S.E.5a. drawn by W Wylam in 1944. The pilot has yet to be given some bones - hence the strange pose in this preview!

fokkerdr1pre54os3.jpg

Using some reshaped cubes in Hyper Nurbs and the tail section begins to get formed. using a simple plain material for now - to be textured when some detail is added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back