Fokker Dr1 - ‘Remember Me?’

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fokkerdr1pre43cc3.jpg

Catch22, genkideskan Wayne Little: Thank you.

Attention turns once more to the cowl. For some reason I've found this part to be the most challenging - probably because I didn't know how the real thing was made and secured. Having got some more info' for these Fokker DR1 cowls I have done some reworking of the cowl mesh and added some more detail.

fokkerdr1pre44fv9.jpg

The revised cowl with some plain materials - this will be painted with the fuselage parts.

fokkerdr1pre46cv8.jpg

Wurger, Catch22 Wayne Little: Thank you.

This update is with some tidying up of some parts so that the painting of the fuselage can finally get underway. The main work done is out of sight but time was spent on the upper fusulage metal paneling (don't know the correct name) - splitting into seperate panels and adding some thickness.

fokkerdr1pre47as3.jpg

Slowly the model is getting closer to completion.

I'm going to use a seperate texture map for most of the fuselage parts so all those components have now been connected into a single mesh. A total of 156 polygon selections were created with these parts - should make creating the UV map quicker (hopefully!).

fokkerdr1pre48az1.jpg

Wayne Little, Wurger, Gnomey Catch22: Thank you.

Painting the fuselage gets underway. Seen here with some base colours and a baked ambient occlusion used as a dirt mask. The new parts have been split according to material type - dirty alloy, painted alloy, painted steel and cloth surfaces.

Wayne Little Wurger: Thank you. I like that view too, so I have saved the camera details and model position for a final render when the paintings finished. Just started the paint streaking of the fuselage. For the wings I used paint software called 'Painter' but haven't been to keen on my poor attempt. This time I'm using 'Bodypaint' to paint directly onto the 3D mesh. If I like that better I can redo the wing streaking.

fokkerdr1pre49xq0.jpg

Wayne Little Wurger: Thanks.

genkideskan: Those optical sights look nice but I can't understand what practical purpose they would have served?

Back to this one, I painted the wing streaks using 'Painter' but have thought for some time they could be better. So, with the fuselage I've tried doing the streaked paint effect with BodyPaint and I like this version much better. The wings will redone in BodyPaint too and use Painter for some blending work. This update also includes the first bit of dirt to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back