Fokker Dr1 - ‘Remember Me?’

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fokkerdr1pre31bl0.jpg

The base painting of the engine which uses an ambient occlusion map as a mask for adding a touch of grime. Additional dirt and weathering of this assembly is to be done when all the Fokkers' initial texturing is completed.

fokkerdr1pre32xy5.jpg

This preview is just to see how the newly textured engine looks with some motion blur. I've only used a small amount (10 degrees) but I think it looks better than the earlier static engine previews.

Just the fuselage and cockpit to finish now before adding some weathering.

Wayne Little: Thank you.

muzzleflashfr1cbz9.jpg

muzzleflashfr1arb8.jpg

Frame1

Probably in a future render of this Fokker Dr1 there will be some gun muzzle flashes so I've made a set including the alpha map. If these are of use to anyone then please feel free to use them.

fokkerdr1pre33qk4.jpg

Finally got around to working on the Fokkers' fuselage. I've decided that the cockpit interior will be included into the fuselage texture map. Some more cockpit parts to be made but the compass is representative of the medium level of detail to be included.

fokkerdr1pre34fs1.jpg

Another work in progress (initial thread: Fokker Dr1 - 'Remember Me?' - The Aerodrome Forum ) gets transferred over to my newish computer. I last worked on this Fokker Dr1 when the Maxwell Render Cinema4D plugin was at an earlier version and have ended up sorting out some issues with the Maxwell materials being used.

Used this preview to see how the Alpha imaged worked when composited with a sky photo.

Now it renders ok I can carry on with finishing of the fuselage.

That's amazing. I used to do some 3D modeling and stuff, but never got really good with it, at least no where near your stuff. All I could afford was the free Blender 3D. How much does all the programs you used cost, and where could I find them? Also, is there some airplane tutorial I can follow out there?

Once again, amazing.

ONE_HELLCAT: Thank you. Blender is a very capable program and I understand these days it has fluid and hair.

I use Cinema4D for modelling ( MAXON - The makers of CINEMA 4D and BodyPaint 3D) and Maxwell Render for rendering ( http://www.maxwellrender.com/). Those items of software have paid for themselves some time ago and maxwell Render was purchased in its alpha days which was much cheaper as a pre order a few years ago.

For a good aircraft modeling tutorial resource then www.colacola.se - by Anders Lejczak, 3D Models for download / freebies would be a good start. It's Cinema4D related but the process could be applied to almost all 3D modeling programs.

Once again, thanks.

Catch22: Thank you. I have very little experience with Maya but I know it is widely used commercially along with 3D Max. Good luck with your EA ambition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back