Fokker Dr1 - ‘Remember Me?’

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Becco cool rendering.But don't you think it is a bit too shiny?

Wurger Gnomey: Thank you. I agree about the reflective properties of the material being used. As the model progresses I will adjust the reflective properties. I need to keep a good level of blurred shine to take into account the varnish used on the real thing.

Gnomey makes a valid point about the position of the light - I am using a physical sky and sun for lighting and as with real life sunlight is very bright.

Spent a good bit of time correcting the shape of the airelons today and remapping their UV's so they are now more accurate. 'Version 3' of the engine cowl is underway too with a much more accurate base shape. I never thought this model would take so long - I could have made a real Fokker in less time!

fokkerdr1pre23kq8.jpg

ThunderThud, Wayne Little Heinz: Thankyou.

ThunderThud: Too many hours!

The engine cowl has been challenging. This was my version 2 that started life from a cylinder and looking back that's where the problems arose from with this part. There was no means to change the basic shape without lots of time wasting messing about.

fokkerdr1pre25es5.jpg

Version 3 of the cowl used a lathed spline/ boole cuts and was much more flexible to adjust. Eventually made editable and some details added.

fokkerdr1pre26xu1.jpg

The 'new' cowl with some basic materials applied. Also includes modified airelons.

ThunderThud: Thank you for pointing that out. I will remember for when I get to doing final renders.

fokkerdr1pre27il9.jpg

Wayne Little: Thanks again. Recent work on this Fokker has got it much closer to being finished. I would like to get this out of the way soon so that I can tidy up some stuff on my 'Rainmaker' model and then in the new year I will be starting a new WW2 aircraft.

Work on revising the fuselage has started by replacing the rudder for a more accurate one. As with other 'cloth' parts, Cinema4Ds' cloth engine was useful for this.

First look to see how the Fokker looks on the ground. Ground plane was textured using the free MapZone 2.5 by Allegorithmic Allegorithmic

fokkerdr1pre28oe6.jpg

Wurger Gnomey: Thank you.

An attempt at texturing the layered wood airscrew. Not the best ever but improves it's appearance when motion blur is used.

The two wood textures were made with the free Wood Workshop from Spiral Graphics

fokkerdr1pre30lw8.jpg

Wurger : trecker Thank you.

The engine is now UV mapped and the 500 or so parts at render time have merged down to 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back