Fokker Dr1 - ‘Remember Me?’

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fokkerdr1pre36il5.jpg

Wayne Little, Wurger Lucky13: Thank you.

Karl Sitts: Thank you too. Have a try yorself and you may be surprised how easier 3D software programs are these days compared to my first experiences about 25 years ago.

The first new part of this revived project is a gunsight - mostly just a collection of Cinema4D primitives welded together. Non functional front and rear optic lens are included. Plain Maxwell materials used. No texture maps yet but the material does include a small percentage layer of chrome IOR data to enhance the finish.

fokkerdr1pre39rx3.jpg

Wurger: Thank you.

I recently found some reference material giving a clearer and more accurate view of the lower front front fuselage. So, the lower front has been reshaped, the engine firewall wrapped underneath the front and seperate panel with a working inspection panel added.

Adding these new bits finally allowed me to fix the front undercarriage 'struts' into place and add the bracing wires. Getting there slowly!

Used this preview to try out some revised motion blur settings on the airscrew and rotary engine.

fokkerdr1pre40md7.jpg

Wurger Catch22: Thank you.

For quite some time the rudder has been 'floating'. It's now fixed into place and the rear of the fuselage modified. Also improved a bit is the tailskid.

fokkerdr1pre41dq4.jpg

The Fokker gets a new set of wheels! I've decided these should have their own texture map and depicted is the rough colour - weathering to be done when model is closer to completion.

ScOoTeR1992: Thank you. Perhaps you should have a go with some free 3D software to see how manage - you may be surprised how easy it could be once you have got used to the softwares interface and tools. Blender is one of the better free programs: blender.org - Home

genkideskan: I don't have a photo of that particular gunsight - I made the model by using free drawings downloaded from Arizona Models: Gunsights

Some Fokker photos I've seen had these sort of gunsights fitted - the one I made may not be fully accurate but it has a nicer shape than just using a plain tube!

Thanks, I guess we didnt use telescopic sights in WW 1. The sights where of the ring and bead type. But its possible.
Your drawings are outstanding. I just download some CAD programs and start tutorials. In fact I sit here like a pig befor a clockwork:oops: . Must get familiar with all that buttons.
Do you have an idea where I couldt find a tutorial that starts real at the beginning ?

Thank you very much

genkideskan: I don't know if this is an optical sight but it looks like one fitted to this Fokker Dr1 Fokker Dr1 503/17

I saw the sight I modeled fitted to a replica Fokker Dr1 so maybe they were used all those years ago.

I hope you get on ok with your CAD software. Tutorial availabilty depends on the software I suppose. I would suggest, to avoid dissapointment, start off simple and work towards more complex 3D models - hope you have plenty of spare time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back