FOOD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt, hey have you by chance lived in Mexico?

You know the names of so many dishes; say, which tortilla did you like the best? the corn flour tortilla or the wheat flour tortilla?

Matt, can you read this?

Last night the Missus informed me we were having "French Lamb Cutlets".

After I enquired "How do they catch the sheep when they keep running away"

She explained that it is a lean cut with most of the fat removed.

Now its not MEAT if there isn't fat on it. you can't fool me. :)

I like having different things. I dont eat German food every day. I had Sauerbraten last week.

There is a place in Dallas called Kuby's that I have eaten at every Friday for about 6 years now. It's the best German food I have ever found. Even people from Germany that can't speak a lick of english come in there and tell the waitresses the food is VERY good. They have a deli also and we help ourselves to imported chocolates, marzapan, and other goodies. The best time of year is Xmas time when they have all the holiday goodies.

mmmmmmm Kubyyyyyyyyyssss! Carl Kuby is a genious.

I have been to a few good German places when I lived in the US.

Thats the great thing about having lived over here all my life and having a German wife. We have all the great recipes from Oma and will sure to make lots of German food after we move to Alaska.

Oma's? I wonder if that is the same place/recipes they use at a German diner in New Braunsfels, Texas called Oma's Haus. That is one bad ass place to eat!!!! Almost as good as Kuby's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back