For my Russian friends. Enjoy! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spitlead

Airman 1st Class
Feb 19, 2019
full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice shot. However I would suggest attaching of pics using the "Copy image BB code" line instead of the "Copy GALLERY BB code" one. In the way you can paste it into your post and get a nice displaying of the full image without all that additional info around the shot. See your edited post above. Also please source your pics unless these are yours. In the case you don't need to do that.

BBcode.jpg

Thank you Wurger for the helpful suggestions. And yes, this was my photo. All photos I upload are from my own archives but that is a good reminder.

Wurger, I need a little help. How do I do the "Copy image BB code" for the image? What I've been doing is uploading my images to the media gallery and then imbedding them in the post. When I do that it just defaults to "Copy GALLERY BB code"

Oh yes.. I have noticed that you do it in that way. If you want to use the Copy image BB code line just click on the line in order to mark the text there. See my pic in the post #2, the text is on the white background. . Having that done, either hit the "Ctrl+c" keys or use the Copy option of the pop-up menu while clicking on the marked text with the right mouse button. Then you may go to your post and by clicking the right mouse button and using the Paste option from the pop-up menu or the Ctrl+v keys. Of course you have to click with the left mouse button on the post area in order to set the bliniking coursor at the proper location.

PS.. also you may use the icon with the two sheets on left of each lines there. It is Copy to clipboard option. What is exactly the same I have depitcted above. But of course it is easier. Then all you have to do is go to your post and paste the clipboard content.

BTW. you don't need to upload your pics to the Gallery. You may attach them to your post directly using the "Attach files" button on left at the bottom of a post window.

1583278546930.png

Hello again Wurger, does this method work better? I simply copied and pasted the image into the message thread.

... BTW. you don't need to upload your pics to the Gallery. You may attach them to your post directly using the "Attach files" button on left at the bottom of a post window.

As I stated that in my post above ..

BTW... The way is OK. but you have to take the pic size into consideration. The one with the Antonov is of dimensions that are fine. So you may display them as a full size shot. However it may happen , an image is quite large and then the thumbnail option is more useful. You can ask why.. because not all of mambers can explore the forum using the fast net connection or hardware. So loading pages with many large images can last quite long for them.
Also because our forum system can adjust the large pics and there is no difference in displaying between two the same shots but of different width for instance. All large pics are resized down to 960 pixels in the width. But a large image is still the large one. Personally, I use the full size displaying for pics of width to 1200 pixels. For all larger shots I use resizing down mostly with my pic browser before I post them here or the thumbnail option if needed.
The thumbnail option causes that images are displayed quite small ( the size depends on how the pic is large) but a little bit bigger than the thumbnails added by the system if the shots are uploaded only. Additionally the thumbnail option doesn't display the info on the image seen if the shot is uploaded only. Of course if you click both kinds of the thumbnail the forum pic browser is opened and you may watch images of larger size but adjusted to a screen or of the full size if needed. What is more, the Thumbnail or Full image options allow to attach a pic to the post at any location. I mean it can be displayed below/above your text or between sentences while the shot that was uploaded only is always displayed at the bottom of your post and any text can be typed below the attachment. So the Thumbnail or Full image options are very useful if you want to add your comment or any label to each photo.
Below you may see the different appearance of your shot with An-124 for the thumbnail option used and without but just uploaded only.

tu-124.png

Here is the last line with the post text that is possible to type when using the the Thumbnail or Full image options. It is not possible to write anything below the attachment seen at the very bottom.

Attachments

• tu-124_.jpg
    tu-124_.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back