Forum's Social Groups for the GB?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now THAT would be a good meeting, a Swettish Guinness drinker, a Danish female aviation fan, and an honorary 'Viking' originally from the north east of England ! Wonder what the rounds would be like?!! And what language would be spoken after ten or so rounds!!!

Rounds? Fun!
Language? Most likely urdu, or something that resembles it!

Calling me an octopus BB? You'll end up under the table before me....

I probably would, as I haven't had anything to drink that even remotely resembles alcohol, ever since I went on one hell of a party binge with a friend back in 1994.
I got so goddamn sick that you won't believe it, it took me two days to recover,and I haven't touched the darned stuff ever since!
I wouldn't mind half a pint of Gunness, though - that's good beer, and it'll probably be more than enough to keep me going for at least a couple of hours, so it won't be expensive to get me to study the furniture from below!

--------------------------

And finally I'd like to apologise for hijacking this thread. *blush*
I'll try and figure out what that SG does...

Last edited:
You have to remember that Jan had to move to Scotland just to afford to drink alcohol. If he was a native of a more socially progressive Scandinavian country, say Denmark, he would never have left home and polluted bonnie Scotland.

You have to remember that Jan had to move to Scotland just to afford to drink alcohol. If he was a native of a more socially progressive Scandinavian country, say Denmark, he would never have left home and polluted bonnie Scotland.

I resent that remark.....I'm just here to, to...eerrrmmm...eerr...hmmm...to, claim my ancestors land back...yes...that's it...just here to do that.

In that case my Swedish friend you have a faulty compass. It was Ireland that was a Viking stronghold, not Scotland.

Now, about these social groups... I could start one for all the people here who love and appreciate the Bf 110 and Me 210/410!

Oh, hang on... I'll be the only member... *sniff*

Yep, the guys with the pointy hats and a love of Spam seemed to shun Alba, though they did seem to like my part of the country - even the local dialect is very similar! When I go back there, rarely these days, I can hardly understand what they're saying - have to almost think in Danish!

Just thought that I'd start with the lands or islands of the Clan MacLeod, which is of Norwegian heritage I think and being part Norwegian that's always a start....I'll work from there.

Users who are viewing this thread