Forum's Social Groups for the GB? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
I'm still getting the hang of the forum's new layout...all the new features, like friends and various personal message features and stuff...

One thing I did see, that I thought was interesting, is that there's now the ability to create Social Groups. I realized that perhaps this could be used for the Group Builds in some way.

It was just a thought, but I've noticed that when someone tosses an idea out there, everyone brain-storms and we end up with some pretty cool results :thumbright:

Sounds like a good idea Dave. Maybe it could be used for diverting some themes, so as not to hijack individual threads. For example, if a particular 'conversatin' ensues within a thread, that's perhaps relevant but not pertinent, it could be moved to the Social Group by a poster saying something like 'See you over in the GB SG' or whatever.
Pity it can't be a physica Social Group, where we could get to together on a regular basis for a few or more beers!
Now that is something I'd do if I won the Lottery - tour around the countries of the World to visit forum friends!

Speaking of everyone getting together. I will be in London for a bit the first week of June, if any of the Brits here who are close to London or in London want to get together for a Pint.

And I will be in Montreal soon for awhile if any Canadians want to have a pint.

Wish I lived somewhere that everyone wanted to vist. New Joisey?!! sheesh!

And Terry, I drink with my eyes closed. :)

What is a Social Group and how does it relate to the forum? Is it another section that we go to or a forum within a forum?

What is a Social Group and how does it relate to the forum? Is it another section that we go to or a forum within a forum?
Hey NJ, look up in the navigation bar, you'll see a link called "Social Groups"...

It allows you to create a group within the forums, kind of like FaceBook.

Thought that might be handy for the GBs somehow...

For instance, have a Group for each of the Group Builds (#1 DoR, #2 PTO, etc)

Thatsh wash beee*hick*forre yoouu beeecooome aaaa meeeem*hick*mber here BB! Yo*hick*uuu aaare mooo*hick*ore than welcooommme for a piii*hick*ints of Guuuinnesch!
Juuuscht leea*hick*ave me oout of the chaaa*hick*annel water...

...and doo*hick*on't geett aaaall hand*hick*shy..

beer.gif

Thatsh wash beee*hick*forre yoouu beeecooome aaaa meeeem*hick*mber here BB! Yo*hick*uuu aaare mooo*hick*ore than welcooommme for a piii*hick*ints of Guuuinnesch!
Juuuscht leea*hick*ave me oout of the chaaa*hick*annel water...

...and doo*hick*on't geett aaaall hand*hick*shy..

beer.gif

Ah, I zee...a typikal man...zwei legz und acht handz...ach ja...vell, I promize not to zhoot you dovn...at leazt not during ze next two minuten...ju get? ;)
Donau ist alzo verry wet, in caze ju vonder. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back