Fujimi 1/48 FW190A-7 'Red 23' (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

muller

Tech Sergeant
Apr 7, 2008
Hibernia
This is a practice run before I build the Hasegawa FW190 for the GB. Pics so far.

Interior detail is non-existant, will be closed canopy. So i didn't take any pics, I added scratched straps though.

Fuselage closed up and wings on.

SL381938.jpg

Filled, sanded and primed, my seam filling is still crap!

SL381939.jpg

SL381940.jpg

Preshaded.

SL381941.jpg

Painted, think I might have got the two top greys mixed up! Are they right? :oops: Is the RLM02 too green? I'm not correcting it if it is wrong, but I'll know for when I'm building White 5. Happy enough with the way the mottling turned out though.

SL381946.jpg

SL381944.jpg

It's got a coat of Klear on it now before adding decals.

Attachments

• SL381938.jpg
    SL381938.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 232
  • SL381939.jpg
    SL381939.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 165
Cheers fellas :) Decals are on, the red decals are more orange than red! The painted red band is a little narrow too, or the decal is too long. Painted the JG1 emblem decal surrounds black, as Wojtek pointed out, kit decal was wrong. I'm hoping the weathering will tone the dayglo decals down a bit! :lol:

SL381947.jpg

Looking good.But undoubtedly these decals are too big.Both the number, gruppe bar and the swastika as well.What is more the numbers and gruppe bar were of black outline but not the white one, I think. Here is a profile from Osprey publication.However the number shape can be slightly incorrect but colours seem to be correct.

Attachments

• Fw190A7 Bar.jpg
    Fw190A7 Bar.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 293
Cheers fellas :) The swastika is too big as well :lol: Ah well... again this build was just a practice run to try another mottled camo scheme and see how those grey Humbrol colours turned out.

The other Fujimi 190 kit I have will be done in Med camo, I want to try that mottled scheme too. They're not a bad kit to practise on.

I agree with the fellas M. You've done a good job with what seems, as you described it, a dog of a kit. Maybe it should be called a Focke Woof !

Wiping it off now Wojtek, will post pics when she's clean.

I was sure you did it.But I wonder how the final effect can look like.Most modellers use the kind of applying of these paints but at panel lines only

Wow, I love the spring thaw, dirt runway, severe oil leak, wheels up landing,
pilot SHoneT himself camo...I'd be leaving it like that!!8) 8) :lol:

Looking good. I hope the "wash" toned down the decals for you OK?

Darryl

:lol: @ Tony!

Wojtek, I normally do just that, apply to panel lines, but it worked ok on my Corsair so I thought I'd try it on this one! Lots of raised detail on this kit, me no like!

Here she is cleaned up a bit.

SL381950.jpg

SL381951.jpg

Jeez my worbench is a mess! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back