Fw 190D-9 "Red1" of JV44 Lt. Heino Sachsenberg....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK a pic or 2 after the RLM 76 is applied... Came out great.... I was looking to get some slight overspray on my seams where the red meets the 76 and it looks likea winner....

Attachments

• ~rlm76a 002.jpg
    ~rlm76a 002.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 92
  • ~rlm76a 006.jpg
    ~rlm76a 006.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 88
Yep.....

I got the first camo color sprayed on, came out OK... Im totally dissatisfied with my bargain basement airbrush... I cannot get fine detail with it and with the splotchy camo, it gets frustrating.... Too much overspray....

Attachments

• ~green camo 006.jpg
    ~green camo 006.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 66
Dan, it is simple, if you are not happy, put some more RLM76 on those parts you're not happy with, and try again.

I see what you're getting at, some mottle looks real good, some average,
patience and some perseverance, mate.

Don't go to the next colour until you are satisfied.

Show me a pic of the firing end of your airbrush.

Are you sure ya just dropped it, looks like you accidentally on purpose jumped on it a couple of times...:)

Take the nozzle off and let me see how the needle fits, is there another inner sleeve, and what size is the hole in the front nozzle that the needle runs through.

Couple more pics please...

To be honest Wayne, and Im sure u know this, I am a rookie with an airbrush, in all cases....

I believe that the paint is forced through the very small opening when the needle is drawn backwards... I clean the tip of my nozzle frequently to prevent dry buildup on the very tip...

Even when using lower pressure, I cnnot get close to the model for minute detail, as the paint puddles/builds up.. It happened twice to me in doing the camo above... I cant get closer than 4 or 5 inches... I dont think I have the correct tip for that kind of work, but am not sure if there are other aftermarket tips that will work on my brush....

Is your airbrush Dual action? that is press the trigger down for air only and back for paint?

Or is it just down or back for air and paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back