Fw190 A-3 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guys and girls

Here is the finished fw190 A-3 done in desert camo. ( a BIG thank you go's to Wojtek for finding the pic of this camo :thumbright: )

before and after i have done a little work on the panel lines ( a few mistakes :oops: ) but i am learning from you guys

f****d up the canopy a little bit also not the right number :oops:

fw 190 desert camo 1.jpg

fw 190 front desert camo 2.jpg

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
leftside fw 190 desert camo.jpg

underside fw 190 desert camo.jpg

top fw 190 desert camo.jpg
190 ammended 1.jpg

Attachments

• 190 ammended 2.jpg
    190 ammended 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 190 ammended 3.jpg
    190 ammended 3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 190 amended 4.jpg
    190 amended 4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Nice one Keith!

PVA ('White glue' used for wood working) carefully applied with a toothpick should fill that canopy gap nicely. Dries clear, so will just need touching up with the desert yellow.

Technical point, but the inner gear doors should be down when the undercarriage is lowered too, btw.

Dang Keith, see what happens with some good advice and time well spent? A rather nice looking piece of plastic!

Thanks Guys

Can you guys and girls spot what i have forgot to paint :oops:

I will have another look at the instructions about the inner gear doors:?: as i did not see them on the instructions.

Wow Keith! I can see a very noticeable improvement mate, that looks very good. Can't spot any missed bit though, unless it's the prop pitch hubs, which look silver in the pics, but could be bare plastic?

The tail wings are missing the red little bits as on the wings

Prop pitch painted silver.

Last edited:
You got me Keith! Didn't notice the elevator trim tabs weren't painted! :D

About the inner gear doors, I stand corrected! (sorry about that!) The closed position is correct for the Fw 190A-3 and A-4. They remained open on the A-6.

Thanks A4K

Am i dumb or what i don't have a clue on what you guys call trim tabs etc on aircraft all i know is how to put them together :oops:

I am not up to all this lingo.All i can tell you is a plane is a plane :oops::oops::oops:

Not dumb at all mate! :D The trim tabs are small extensions to the flying surfaces that help fine-adjust ('trim') an aircraft's flight stability. Some are fixed at the required angle, others are adjustable...

Flyboy J or some of the other guys can explain it better if you want a more detailed account of the function and use - compared to their knowledge and experience I feel pretty 'dumb' myself !!! :)

Oh...I can see the real improvement Keith...:thumbright: Congrats Mate.

Now the next step at your modelling is to use a masking tape for all strips, bands and other elements ( cockpit conopies) painting.

Or keith, you can save the "leg shaking" by trying to get the tape right nad just paint your canopy with acrylics then use a toothpick to scrape off any excess that goes outside the lines. I used this technique on my p61, I think it came out rather well... Also, if you get a plastic "gap" from manufacturer error (Canopy doesnt touch the frame of the cockpit and such), you use elmers school glue (PVA) and brush it into the crack then wipe away the excess and let dry then paint, also did this on the p61 canopy as there were many gaps. :)

..Um, me again Keith... I asked Wojtek (Wurger) if he could confirm or deny what I said about those doors -I'm wrong again!!! :rolleyes:
In all my photos the doors appear as mentioned - all A-3 and 4 retracted, A-6 open, so I presumed (always dangerous...) that this was the norm. Wojtek mentioned however that they were able to be set to either position according to will, regardless of variant...

Sorry for putting you crook once again! :oops:

looking good.. but i see what you missed to paint..the exshaust cover..that is always in a differnt colour as its heatresistant steel :)
but you are doing great :) i love the A3 :) been working one one for many years but that is a few scale bigger than yours :) :oops:

keep up the good work :) and always nice to see a black 3 ( ours is also black 3 )

Attachments

• Fw 190 A3 restoration (20).jpg
    Fw 190 A3 restoration (20).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back