Fw190D-9 red 13, JV44

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vesthepes

Airman
May 4, 2010
Novo mesto
Hi
I should have posted this one way back but the final stages took me forever.
It's an Eduard kit from the JV44 dual pack. The build itself was not pleasant at all, the fitting is awful, decals are not as accurate as I expected and the painting scheme booklet is way beyond what it should be. Anyway, I can't just nag, I finished it and I'm glad it is in a gallery...hope you like her.

c3.jpg

c12.jpg

c9.jpg

c5.jpg

more on:
Avijacija 1:48

Thanks for watching, feel free to comment.

I was actually thinking the same Terry and will need to watch that on my kit. This kit features a very unorthodox landing gear attachment to the wing which does not lend itself well to making any needed adjustments.

I am think'in it looks quite nice!I agree maybe the legs are a bit vertical but some nice paint laid down.I have this in the stash but a 1/72 kit.

Thanks guys on your comments.
Yees, the legs are way off and so is the structure and construction of the wheel bays. It's very hard to align wings correctly because of the inner parts of and the gun bays. In my opinion this kit is over-engineered and it shows in terrible fitting and very visible flaws, no matter how good the details on the kit are.
Maybe by doing it all again I would be more aware of some problems. I got two A versions in my stash and I seriously doubt that I'm touching them soon.

Is the Eduard kit another rehash of the Trimaster/ DML Dragon mould? If so, no surprise re the bad fit from what I've read, and you did damn well to get her looking as lovely as you have.

Eduard kit is completely different from the Trimaster/Dragon kit. I rather like the lines of the T/D kit the small issues are easily overcome i think...but that's just me...bout time i actually built an Eduard kit....

Now back to red 3 , yes those legs should be a little further forward in their sit, but overall looks pretty good!

My two cents: Eduard's Dora kits are definitely complex but I'm personally a fan of the attention to detail. The fit issues that arise stem from the more-than-usual amount of parts that need to line up perfectly. There is an increased need to plan ahead and to dry fit and adjust parts to make things come together properly, but if one is careful, a good fit will result.

In my opinion, the Eduard kits I've built are unmatched in quality of surface detail and I favour them over the Tamigawas.

yep - echo all - really nice build.
As for Eduard - great detailing, but I've had big prob doing my Anton as a closed up bird. But a bit of patience and a little extra work gets it all together..... That said, I've still shelved it in favour of other things!!!!

She's beautiful! Nice work mate!
When I'm filthy rich (which will be soon), I'll buy myself a new D-9 and have her painted like this! 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back