FW190D-9 Suggestions for Next Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not some books, but saw a 1/48 model on an online shop for 9.99$C...shipping, over 100$C. Sorry for the hijack, my choice, BLUE 15 just cause it's different.

Geo

Last edited:
no werke nummers are on the tails.

Hi Erich,I suspect you mean no werknummer visible on the tail. All these aircraft left the factory or final assembly with a werknummer applied. Most factories applied the numbers in small digits on the fin above and infront of the upper rudder hinge. Fiesler's were particularly small whereas Mimetall's were typically larger than average. They were not always applied to both sides.For example in the great series of photographs of JG4's <1 W.Nr. 600150,built by Fiesler,it is clear that the werknummer is only applied on one side (port).
Given the frequent modification of camouflage post production it is easy to see how these might become obscured.

I've seen photos of wrecked aircraft (like the Ta152s found at Erfurt) with no work number applied but it is usually assumed that the aircraft were incomplete when destroyed.

Cheers
Steve

Not some books, but saw a 1/48 model on an online shop for 9.99$C...shipping, over 100$C. Sorry for the hijack, my choice, BLUE 15 just cause it's different.

Geo

Just so long as you realise that in this instance the number was interpreted as Blue initially and the Werk Nummer wasn't known, then better shots appeared showing the W.Nr 500666 and showed the number matched the "yellow" tone of the band indicating the number was the same colour.

Which makes it item 4. I may yet do that one.

Erich, decals from EE are also ridiculous. 15 bucks for the sheet (whihc I'm ok with) but 10 buck to ship (which I'm not OK with).

Wayne, some time ago, you posted some pics of a model of White 11 (here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/model-expos-shows/aust-model-expo-melb-2007-a-8392-14.html) that seemed to have a combination of the two RLM 76 colours on the fuselage. I kinda like that but am wondering if this is accurate. In the same thread you mention the W.Nr. may not be right. Anything further on this?

Andy I will either scan or take some photo's of the reference info on white 11 on the weekend and email it to you rather than explain it all, then we can discuss the colours.

Also in the EE Vol 1 there is reference and scan of a log book page showing the W.Nr. 213007 written in on the page.

Now just to make it more difficult a choice......Yellow 15 is a more colourful bird.....:D

Appreciate that very much Wayne. Yellow 15 is still a possibility. I like the extra bit of white band in front of the yellow/red RV band.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back