GB.18 WWII Heavy Hitters 2 Introduction (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

42 ?
Is that the number of unfinished models Jan has, or the number of recent purchases (other than pints at the pub) ?
And I've just noticed - Swedish letters look just like other letters !

'Mon dieu' are we losing the marbles, the head is spinning.

b0707.gif

:lol: ...but I do feel for ya Terry... (Atleast the corny jokes are still in working order! :) :) )

A query for the build...

Anyone know of any photos and/ or IDs of the Bristol Blenheim Mk. IVs used by 489 (NZ) sqn, Coastal Command? No luck on either count myself, don't even know what scheme they were in...
('colour pics for a model I'm building' section perhaps?? :) )

:lol: ...but I do feel for ya Terry... (Atleast the corny jokes are still in working order! :) :) )

A query for the build...

Anyone know of any photos and/ or IDs of the Bristol Blenheim Mk. IVs used by 489 (NZ) sqn, Coastal Command? No luck on either count myself, don't even know what scheme they were in...
('colour pics for a model I'm building' section perhaps?? :) )
just had a quick look Evan.

i think they would have been in day fighter scheme, dark green, ocean grey over med sea grey with XA codes
see here
NZDF Serials - Blenheim
Sqn Markings 485-490_P

Evan, codes at the time were 'XA', but I don't have an example of aircraft actually carrying the full codes. It might have been that only an individual aircraft letter was carried at this time. being Coastal Command, the camouflage scheme would more than likely be the Dark Sea Grey/Extra dark Sea Grey, with codes (if any) in Medium Sea Grey.
The Squadron was formed with Beauforts, but these were replaced by Blenheim IVs before the Squadron became operational, and in turn, after only just under three months, the Blenheims were replaced by Hampden Mk1 torpedo bombers, with which anti-submarine operations were commenced, over the Bay of Biscay, in May 1942.
From the info I have, which is brief, it would seem that the squadron was non-operational, being under training, conversion, or 'work-up', until Ops commenced in May '42, on Hampdens.

Brilliant guys, thanks!

Re -edit: Going the Blenheim!
Will be some 'educated guesswork' re the codes, but no known photos exist (at present) to confirm or deny, so what the hell! Will correct if necessary should photos or info turn up in future.

Last edited:
I just found this thread :D

So su-22 is definatley out :D since this is more WW2 related,

Is a Me-262 possible, they were supposed to be Hitler's heavy hitters lol :D

P-39 ?

I'm choosing all fighters :S

hmmm....Oh :D

B-25 and Ju-88 they should definatley be ok :D :)?

I did an Me 262 bomber version for the original HH build a few years back. "anything that delivers a heavy punch" opens the door pretty wide so we now have a Bf110 night fighter and I thunk someone is doing a P-39 too. Definitely WW2 though.

I did an Me 262 bomber version for the original HH build a few years back. "anything that delivers a heavy punch" opens the door pretty wide so we now have a Bf110 night fighter and I thunk someone is doing a P-39 too. Definitely WW2 though.

Thanks Crimea, forgot to edit the post on that previous thread :D :( :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back