GB 25-Allied Mfg.Aircraft of WWII. DISSCUSION

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Less than a month away from the start and this one is wide open so I thought I'd start the discussion.

I have over 100 kits in my stash that would qualify so I don't really where to begin. My only thought now is to maybe pick something that would be hard to fit into any of the other group build. I'll be spending some time staring at kits until inspiration strikes

Might have to give this some thought myself Glenn, don't have as much choice as you, just the 21 kits for me.
Could be time for an RAF P-47 as I have 4 to choose from after missing a few Gb' s that I was planning for them ?

I've probably got around 30 that would fit, but I already know two that I am doing. The Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A from VMF-214 and a Hasegawa Kittyhawk III of the RNZAF. The P-40 will be interesting as I'll be using paint masks for the first time.

I have correlated my stash to the GBs and have found that a lot of stuff I have does not fit many GBs and other stuff fits many. So I ended up planning a couple of Mustangs for this build: a Tamiya B and a Hasegawa D which I'll work in parallel as the painting will be similar. I have lots of decal options for both so have not decided on a scheme yet. I'm going to back off of the detailing a bit so as to concentrate on getting these done quicker and getting some focus on NMF painting.

I have a couple of P-47s to do as formation aircraft and an O.D. with white stripes P-39 which will my most ambitious paint scheme.

Geo

Had me a couple lined up for this build, French built D.520 but used by Vichy after the fall of France and a Mustang Mk IVa as used by the RAAF.

Snag is we're house hunting and getting our old pad ready for open house and sale, so hanger has been closed and the stash packed away, it could be a couple of months or more before I'm back in my new hanger.

I have a polish PZL 37a loz ( elk ) in the stash which looks interesting, courtesy of my polish relatives

It looks a bit tricky so not sure yet if i have the experience to do it justice … the glazing looks …challenging

All right....my choice for my first(?) entry into this GB...

little pete 2a.jpg

467th BG. Areas of concern are, A) second camo color? 2) shadow! ☪) Instructions say red with white stripe. What the hells going on here?

Geo

Geo, here you are the enlarged pic of the Jug. I think the dark area at the tail is a shadow. Probably it was casted by by another plane flying above and right.

Generally the P-47 uniform is quite shabby. Therefore we can see the stain at the antenna mast.

little pete 2b.jpg

little pete 2c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back