GB 25-Allied Mfg.Aircraft of WWII. DISSCUSION

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Paul. With the info you already sent me some time ago, and other stuff I have, I'm probably OK for the Mitchell III, apart from maybe getting some good, clear photos. The Mitchell II is quite well covered photographically, but not the MkIII. I have some pics, and some footage on DVD, but anything is welcome.
I'm partly tempted to convert it to a Mitchell II of the B-25D type, with the top turret in the mid fuselage position, and the waist guns and tail guns similar to the MkIII, but I think it would be quite a tricky conversion.
However, anything you have on the RAF Ventura interior would be welcome, as I only have a few pics.

I seriously have no idea what I'm going to do for this GB! :evil: Maybe a Hellcat? I've not done an Allied Pacific Theater aircraft yet.

Thanks Paul. With the info you already sent me some time ago, and other stuff I have, I'm probably OK for the Mitchell III, apart from maybe getting some good, clear photos. The Mitchell II is quite well covered photographically, but not the MkIII. I have some pics, and some footage on DVD, but anything is welcome.
I'm partly tempted to convert it to a Mitchell II of the B-25D type, with the top turret in the mid fuselage position, and the waist guns and tail guns similar to the MkIII, but I think it would be quite a tricky conversion.
However, anything you have on the RAF Ventura interior would be welcome, as I only have a few pics.

LOL getting old, don't even remember the stuff on the B-25. I do have some on the Ventura I will post.

Thanks Paul. I already had a poorly scanned copy of the book, and Geo sent me the same stuff as well !
My copy is not as clear as either yours or Geo's though.
What I really need is a pic, if one exists, of the mid section of the main cabin, showing the rest bunk which I think was fitted, as in the Hudson, on the port side.

Thanks Paul. I already had a poorly scanned copy of the book, and Geo sent me the same stuff as well !
My copy is not as clear as either yours or Geo's though.
What I really need is a pic, if one exists, of the mid section of the main cabin, showing the rest bunk which I think was fitted, as in the Hudson, on the port side.

Hummm, that's a good question, I will see if I can dig deeper as I really don't know much about this aircraft to begin with.

I'm so far behind I can't see my own butt.
Start one.....
Start one.....
St.....................................

Thanks Paul, but no problem if you can't find anything. I found some interior shots of the Hudson, parts of which were similar to the Ventura, but I'm not certain the bunk/bench seat, which folded up against the cabin wall, was even fitted to the Ventura. Probably was, but ................

Thanks Paul, but no problem if you can't find anything. I found some interior shots of the Hudson, parts of which were similar to the Ventura, but I'm not certain the bunk/bench seat, which folded up against the cabin wall, was even fitted to the Ventura. Probably was, but ................

Still looking Terry, but found this to be very interesting. Hoping you will too :)

Lockheed RB-34 Ventura at MOTAT | Wings Over New Zealand

Bl**dy marvelous!
Thanks Paul. I'd found a couple of pictures from that site, but for some reason I couldn't access the complete web-site pages. There are some minor details which differ from the RAF version, such as the turret, but overall, it should be more or less the same, or at least very similar, allowing for the removal/loss of fittings over the years.
The radio fit looks like the 'remote' set fitted to later Mosquitos, and Canadian-built Lancasters, so probably the same with RAF aircraft, from what I've seen in the pics from the Ventura book. I'll probably cheat a little, and use the 'British' radio sets, as I have a couple spare, and they won't be seen that easily anyway.
Thanks very much indeed for this - great stuff.

Bl**dy marvelous!
Thanks Paul. I'd found a couple of pictures from that site, but for some reason I couldn't access the complete web-site pages. There are some minor details which differ from the RAF version, such as the turret, but overall, it should be more or less the same, or at least very similar, allowing for the removal/loss of fittings over the years.
The radio fit looks like the 'remote' set fitted to later Mosquitos, and Canadian-built Lancasters, so probably the same with RAF aircraft, from what I've seen in the pics from the Ventura book. I'll probably cheat a little, and use the 'British' radio sets, as I have a couple spare, and they won't be seen that easily anyway.
Thanks very much indeed for this - great stuff.

Thanks Terry, should get you started at least though don't think I will be able to top this LOL. Need anything else just howler :)

Id love to get started on this build, but i think i will have to sit this one out this time guys. I have bitten off a lot in the "This day in Europe" thread.

I will be a very interested spectator though guys

Great subjects guys!

Sergio, you can get Tasman (1:72) DH 89 markings (including RAAF subjects) on the Jays Models site:
TD7209 DH.89A Dragon Rapide TD7209 DH.89A Dragon Rapide Sht.1 [1:72nd Scale] - $5.00 : JAYS Hobby Products, Model Kits and More
TD7210 DH.89A Dragon Rapide TD7210 DH.89A Dragon Rapide Sht.2 [1:72nd Scale] - $6.00 : JAYS Hobby Products, Model Kits and More

Let me know if you get either of them, I would gladly buy the RNZAF markings off ya! :)

And a question guys.
So the build is 'Allied manufactured aircraft of WWII'. The build description says including Polish and Czech produced aircraft.
Does that imply aircraft built before WWII, but used during the conflict, are allowed?
I am considering some RNZAF subjects which were pre war designs, but used up till around 1943/44 (Vildebeeste, Hind, Percival Vega Gull)

Last edited:
I would read that as a yes - they're still 'Allied Produced', and they saw service during WW2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back