GB 36 Dissuscuion - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No experience with Vallejo or their packs Michael so can't comment. Personally, I'd probably buy individual premixed colours rather than the pack for the reasons that Kirby mentioned.

Decisions......currently leaning towards the New 1/32 Revell Fw190A-8 to see how this builds up....a partner to my black 6 with the different underwing rockets.
Fw190A-8_Black 8_Jgr.10.jpg

but I got lots of choices.....

if I arrive at the dates to stay in my house for the political theme of Catalonia (....), I would participate with either Japanese or Finnish or Swedish aircraft, some I have Romanian, Bulgarian, Spanish, Slovak or Italian sounds to me that I have of all these nations of vichy france could do it also although it would be a training plane, Germans

if I arrive at the dates to stay in my house for the political theme of Catalonia (....), I would participate with either Japanese or Finnish or Swedish aircraft, some I have Romanian, Bulgarian, Spanish, Slovak or Italian sounds to me that I have of all these nations of vichy france could do it also although it would be a training plane, Germans

Sergio, be careful to stay within the theme of the GB. I propose we use the following definition from Wiki for the Axis:

"The "Axis powers" formally took the name after the Tripartite Pact was signed by Germany, Italy, and Japan on 27 September 1940, in Berlin. The pact was subsequently joined by Hungary (20 November 1940), Romania (23 November 1940), Slovakia (24 November 1940), and Bulgaria (1 March 1941). "

Therefore aircraft MANUFACTURED by the above countries during the time they were in the pact would qualify.

Finland did not join the Axis but became aligned with Germany as it continued its fight to counter the Russian invasion of their country. Vichy France was a puppet of Germany following the defeat of France and should not be considered part of the Axis.

Last edited:
Hey all. This coming Tuesday, October 24th, I am scheduled to have surgery on my right hand which is going to entail two weeks of it being bandaged up like a mummy followed by a couple more weeks where I will/may not have much use of the hand. I am asking if it would be okay with all of you, that should I find some time this weekend, if I got started on what I hope will be my first of at least two models for this build.

Thanks for any and all input.

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey all. This coming Tuesday, October 24th, I am scheduled to have surgery on my right hand which is going to entail two weeks of it being bandaged up like a mummy followed by a couple more weeks where I will/may not have much use of the hand. I am asking if it would be okay with all of you, that should I find some time this weekend, if I got started on what I hope will be my first of at least two models for this build.

Thanks for any and all input.

Jeff
I have no issues with you starting a bit early to make up for time you will lose after surgery Jeff

This GB looks tempting. If the He 177 is out of the way, I may have to get involved...
I have plenty of subjects to choose from...
There is the old LTD IAR 80 lurking on the shelve...though I might go for a somewhat easier to build subject....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back