GB 37 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do your research Don and if your subject was in service between the noted dates, you should be good.

Looks like we have some general interest in this split build concept but haven't heard yet from some regulars.

Just going off what I haven't seen done before in the GBs and maybe that might provide us with some spice, as we always seem to rotate around WW2 (don't get me wrong its awesome) How about Air show birds? (Blue Angels, Red Hawkes etc.) that should give people a lot of variety and if no one wants to do helicopters, why not dual or triple the GB ?

I've got a 1/72 chopper I could do. Given I'll be struggling to finish my Folgore by the end of the current GB, it would have to be a simple build as I'll be starting late, if at all!

I have a helicopter kit I could do, but I don't really want to do it yet,and I would much prefer to do one or more BoB subjects, especially as i have around a further 27 models to do for my BoB collection.
Perhaps split the GB, as has been done before, with helicopters/rotary wing and BoB period aircraft ?
This would allow virtually any aircraft, of any nation, which was in operational service on a battle front, between July 10th 1940 and October 31st 1940.

Hi all,
I am a lurker who really enjoys info about engines and airframes.

As "operational service on a battle front, between July 10th 1940 and October 31st 1940." would include Japan and China then Curtiss Hawk IIs and IIIs and Boeing P-26Cs as well as Martin B-10 or Mitsubishi A5M.
This is a really quite a large battle field.

NB I am stuck with building a Revel Beufighter mk1 1/32, bit off more than I can chew.
Thanks for all your great info.

for me also would be well available for both GB models, I had thought to make a HH60g of the American coast guard of kodiac and BoB for imagine almost all the RAF aircraft of that time and the odd one of the Germans

I've got that one too Jeff, the Finnish one with the skis.

So it looks like we have general agreement to split the build into two themes - Helicopters any era, and aircraft in operational service between July and October 1940.

Do we want to keep the "battle front" requirement or no? To me, if we do, this would exclude trainers.

I actually have no objection to including trainers, so long as they were genuinely employed in the bob. but if they were excluded also, wouldn't mind that either.

I like the bob theme as the split in the split theme. I also think this idea of marrying popular to less popular themes is the way to go when get to the next round of nominations. Basically take the most popular to least popular, second most popular to the second lowest scoring nomination and so on. that way we should not get into builds that nobody wants, but not lose the spice and attraction of builds from more unique subject areas.

I don't mind if trainers or similar types are included. There was an incident during the BoB, for example, where a Luftwaffe trainer accidentally landed in southern England !
It would also allow such types as the Messesrschmitt 108 'Taifun' to be included, as these, along with various other types, were often used as Geschwader 'hacks' or general communications aircraft. And Tiger Moths were actually fitted with bomb racks, as an anti-invasion measure ......................

I'm Ok with it. I'll be doing a chopper I've bought for it, but maybe something else too if time permits. I'm still keen on doing another exclusive BoB group build somewhere down the road so I hope this does not put a damper on that .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back