GB 37 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Falcon make a vac-form canopy, but it's part of a set of other Luftwaffe canopies, at around £12 in the UK.
It's fairly easy to carve a balsa mould, seal the grain and give it a hard, clear gloss coating, and then use the heat and plunge type of moulding with clear sheet, or use a vacuum frame if available.

thanks terry I already have it located and in the shopping list in the first position the kit you have to buy in jays hobbies in new zealand.

Thinking of doing this 109 as it's a rather interesting scheme.

2ad3fb66d99009b6706f219d009a04b4--battle-of-britain-luftwaffe.jpg

I've not seen a pic of the actual aircraft that this profile is based on but I assume that one or more exist somewhere. The caption says a "freshly changed MG17 cover in RLM 65" but am wondering why it would be 65 and not natural metal. Googling this particular aircraft doesn't give me much other than a few other models and game skins. If anyone has more info on this rig I'd appreciate input on it.

That's an interesting one Andy. I agree about the saddle cowling - I would have thought it would at least be in a primer (possibly RLM 02), if not bare metal.
I haven't seen a photo of this bird, but I'm guessing the author may have wrongly interpreted the colour from the shades in the photo he used as reference.

Thanks guys. I suspect that at least one pic appears in the JG 51 album by Meyer and Stipdonk. If anyone has it, I'd appreciate a description of the aircraft if there is one. Please don't post a scan as I do respect copyrights.

Sorry Andy. Been through all my 109 books, my BoB books and my 2 Jg.51 books. I've got other Luftwaffe books to go through but as I mentioned above I may have seen the profile at least in one of the threads here

Hello,
Here are my options for this GB
- Spitfire Mk.I, N3162, EB-G, Eric S. Lock, Sep-Oct. 1940 => kit Tamiya 1/48, decals spare box ? :oops:
- Spitfire Mk.I, R6893, KL-T, Colin F. Gray, Summer 1940 => kit Tamiya 1/48, decals spare box ? :oops:
- Hurricane Mk.I, N2461, GZ-F, Michael N. Crossley, May-Aug. 1940 => kit Hasegawa 1/48, decals spare box ? :oops:
- Hurricane Mk.I, V7357, SD-F, James H. Lacey, Sep. 1940 => kit Hasegawa 1/48, decals spare box ? :oops:
- Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4, WNr.5819, Adolf Galland, Falls 1940 => kit and decals Eduard 1/48

:)

All good but it would be nice to see a Hurricane. I checked my spares and unfortunately don't have anything for those options except for Galland's 109 but you already have those.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back