GB 37 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GB 37 Starts TODAY!

I noticed that the standard header now appears as "Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940". Hopefully it's clear that, as agreed, this allows any military aircraft serving during the period of the BoB. It doesn't need to be part of the BoB itself.

My choice, when I've finished GB36 will be Airfix's BP Defiant Mk.I. Couldn't find codes or s/n for RCAF aircrew so it'll be plain old boring kit markings. Two additions to the kit will be paint masks, a first for me. I ordered Eduards canopy/turret masks as I feel these could be a nightmare

bpd2.JPG

The next masking set deals with the aircraft camouflage. I've never seen these used so I will be your guinea pig. The only reason I bought them is it was 3:00 AM, they were cheap and I was bored

bpd3.JPG

upload_2018-2-1_7-25-27.png

upload_2018-2-1_7-26-0.png

AML also make insignia masks and canopy masks...

AML - eshop.aml.cz

Last edited:
Be looking for this. I have the kit and was contemplating it myself, but my plate is full with the Do 17 and a possible He 111 follow on.

I have three kits in my bag that could be eligible. I want to build two helos for GB37. But I also have a Tamiya 1/72 scale spitfire burning a hole in the bottom of the bag. Is there not a further build fust down the track that I could build the Tamiya kit?

It might work for GB 39 "Battle of France" depending on the Mark. I too have lots of British subjects in the stash with no GB assignment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also note that for GB38 its another axis theme . That's a subject that needs some clarification as well. I assume that it could include Japan, but what about USSR 1939-40? Or French aircraft in Vichy colours?

Go for it if you like but we have remaining GB's scheduled into the summer (winter to you) months.

We've talked about the definition of Axis somewhere before and pre-invasion Russia was certainly not part of the axis.

Thanks

I think I will run a survey (not as poll as such) in which anyone can nominate their top 5 preferences. Thir top score will be assigned 5 point, next one 4 and so on. Nominations beyond their 5 will be noted but not assigned a score.

When I collate the survey result I will marry the top scoring nomination to the bottom scorer, and the 2nd top scorer to the 2nd bottom scorer and so on. I want to produce a list with ten or so nominations which will be split builds, but the final build numbers will depend on the number of nominations.

Then I will submit that as my suggestion/contribution for the post GB39 builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back