GB 37 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BoB - July, BoB - August, BoB September, BoB - The Blitz, BoB - What Ifs, BoB - 1938.

There you go

Who is BoB..? :lol:

My uncle....I'll just borrow these.....

Terry.jpg

Probably - depends on what time Kesselring launches his first formations. I'll get me coat ..................................

Yes, lets make it official.

GB 37 will start Feb 1 and go to Sunday June 3. The theme will be split into 1) Helicopters of any period and 2) Military aircraft in service during the Battle of Britain period (beginning of July 1940 to end of October 1940).

Judging will not be split but will consider entries from both categories.

Participants should do their research if intending to enter a non-Battle of Britain aircraft in category 2 to be able to show that their entry served in the specified time frame. Please don't make the judges do your research for you!

Alles klar?

Alles klar, zer gut. Zu befehl Herr Oberst !
And yes - do your research !!

As it's going to be a split build imcluding, I would think, quite a number of aircraft from the BoB itself, I'll re-post the relevant 'BoB Bits' details notes I compiled for the first BoB GB, which should help some with units, aircraft types, codes, etc etc.

Some Hurricane questions.
For Hurricanes of that vintage would the engine bearing frames be aluminum or green? What about the cockpit frame, same question.
I have looked around and seen examples in both colours.
Also, in a restoration photo of a Mk. I that I found, I see they were using a red coloured dope on the fabric surfaces. I know Wellingtons used a red coloured dope. Would Hurricanes have used the same or is the red dope a modern convenience.
Lots of questions and I appreciate all input and the GB has not even begun yet.

Did some more poking around and it appears that Hurricanes at the time had green painted engine bearing supports as well as green cockpit framing.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back