GB-39 1/72 bristol blenheim IF - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thank everyone.
evan my friend, you know that it has to be very difficult to solve so that it can not be fixed.
AMC those molds that you comment luckily for me are the ones I've built for years, my mentor in modeling always told me that to learn to work plastic the first thing is to buy very complicated models, what people say as bad models, do not put expectations to be a great models if not to learn to solve the problems that have the plastic and leave it the best possible decent, since always have good molds when problems of lace is present you must know how to solve them ....

Nice so far. A bit of inspiration, not that you need it, of course:

29041608587_cae2a2a8f2_b.jpg
0707 Duxford Blenheim I

42844148295_31ab9a084f_b.jpg
DSC_0684

the plane continues its progression, but I had but real problems with the acetate of the cabin, it was not closed or close, so I had to go retouching with saw and cuts to rebuild it even though it does not look as good as I would like, the lace of the cockpit with the fuselage another headache but filled and sanded almost to give the layer of polish already to start painting it ..... allow me then the photos, I have to climb them and upload them to the server.

In Castilian the cockpit pexiglas is called "carlinga", in English I do not know how to say it, cockpit it's of the cabin specifications, or not?, every day I lose more lexicon and it costs me more to explain ... the years and the neglect pass me invoice

Looking forward to the pics. The British called the glass parts "Perspex" and in the US it's called "Plexiglass" though I'm not sure if that term was in existence during the war or after.

Looking forward to the pics. The British called the glass parts "Perspex" and in the US it's called "Plexiglass" though I'm not sure if that term was in existence during the war or after.

thanks friend.
as I understand the plexiglass appeared in 1942 but I speak to you that I read it 25 years ago, when I was studying resins and composites when airbus we contract to develop a special machines for a very specific process that continue to develop because they have not yet brought out that I know this material.

But the good thing is that the acetate is more than problematic but solved. Or so it seems.
I leave the photos below for you to see what disaster I have built

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

finally I put the photo of the pieces that I have also finished painting is not a big deal but good tomorrow I'll put another round of advance
21.jpg

It looks quite good Sergio. Masking is looking very well done to me. You seem to have two issues, just judging from the shots you posted, though I will happily stand corrected. The issues to me are that the kit part representing the plexiglass panels seems to be sitting s fraction high and there seems to be a fitting gap to the main fuselage and that same part. If that is the issue, I don't think it will be too difficult to rectify.....

I continue to work the fuselage, the joints and especially the transparent ones so that they are well seated and do not look as bad as they looked.

I suppose this afternoon is already for the primer layer or base color.

Well after fighting a lot to repair the positioning of the nose crystals I managed to leave it half average decent.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

and everything prepared for the initial phase of the painting, this will make it well worn paint, with chipping and discoloration raised somewhere, since the 1940 little or no maintenance had as far as the painting is concerned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back