GB 41 Pacific Theatre of Operations from 1937 (including China war from 1937)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In order of appearance and ease...

1. Hasegawa N1K2-J Shinden (George) "Early Version": going to be OOB with the exception of metal canon
  2. Tamiya A6M3: (if it arrives on time. Bought it 5 hours ago, less than $20 and free shipping): captured, white overall with green crosses
  3. Hasegawa A6M5: captured with ATAIU - SEA markings. This will be the hardest....I have a lot of questions
  4. Tamiya Ki-84 (Frank): Maybe. I got this cheap as it had no decals. I'll go through my stash and see if I can cobble something together

I'm thinking about doing this one
IMG_3187.JPG

Tamiya Ki-84 (Frank): Maybe. I got this cheap as it had no decals. I'll go through my stash and see if I can cobble something together

I would be willing to cut you some masks for the Hinomaru and mailing them to you if you wanna try spraying the markings on.

Chad

I'm thinking about doing this one
View attachment 526390

Should you be into moving tail pieces.
From my own Buffalo I have resin tail pieces, elevators and rudder
if you would like them.

Also, I only used the port wing gun bay,
so I have starboard gun bay and gun.
I seem to have misplaced the gun bay cover tho,
so you would have to use the kit section of the wing.
:)

I would be willing to cut you some masks for the Hinomaru and mailing them to you if you wanna try spraying the markings on.

Chad
Thanks for the offer Chad. I am at the moment awaiting delivery of the Thinnerline Circle Cutter Combo Set (yes I caved in). I have many Japanese kits and spare Japanese decals so I'll go through these and see if I can find some tail markings that fit

Alert for newcomers...........
GB's have start dates, when actual work starts on the build.....
Perhaps a good idea to include in a first post of a GB, as mine was.
Just for clarity for our new members, as we all were at one time.
Yes?
I amended my first posting.

I am aware of the start date, my thread was just moved over here after I asked for it to be moved from the "Start to Finish" build thread and I was graciously obliged by our moderators so that I could participate in this particular GB. No worries though, I am not touching anything else on the model or my thread until the start date, at which point I will amend my thread to comply with the SOP. ;) Really looking forward to this GB.

Chad

Glad you guys both plan to participate. I always struggle at this stage as I'm not even half way through my GB40 build. I've had many models set aside and never finished because I start one for the next GB. I need to find a way to reconcile this. I do anticipate participating in GB41 possibly with a quick start but then updating sporadically until I finish my Wimpy.

Same boat as you guys.

As I don't get much modelmaking time in the week, I personally find the next GB starting a month before the current one finishes a major stumbling block.
I wish they would be back to back and not overlapping.

(For example: if it takes someone the full four months to finish the one build, they have already lost the first month of the next GB. This leaves them only 3 months to complete the next build, 2 months into which the following GB has started already... hardly 'equal time' for everyone to complete an entry.)

I'd be interested to hear others opinions on this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back