GB 41 Pacific Theatre of Operations from 1937 (including China war from 1937)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still hoping to hear an opinion on my last post... I feel it is a valid point.

Running the GBs seperate and not overlapping (save for a couple of days grace maybe) might even increase participation and/or finished build quantity.

Whereas some people struggle to finish and then lose time in the next GB if they overlap, others finish very quickly and then would have to wait an extra month. Personally I'm fine with the overlap but can live with back to backs too. Hows that for wishy washy....

Prize Money! Boy I've been missing out. I don't have a problem with the overlap. It's up to the parties to decide if they want to start the next build and finish the old or hold out till done or not. Maybe a two week overlap might not be bad.

Overlap works for me. I star research as soon as the list comes out!
Gan get little bits done on new GB while finishing up previous GB.

What prize money?

Since my middle name is Olde Procrastinator I day-fin-ite-lee vote for the over lap. I'm still working on entering the present GB

When GBs were first arranged, part of the intention of the one month overlap was to allow for research, assembling kits, accessories etc, with the actual build time being three months, although members who already had everything to hand could, of course, commence the build on the start date of the GB.

Well I've settled on this for the build. I have three of them to do so I want to get going with this.
The Curtiss SB2C (Son of Bit*h 2nd Class) was the US Navy's follow on for the Douglas SBD Dauntless dive bomber. This is Monogram/Revell's second molding in 1/48th scale and came out as the ProModeller form. The original was molded with heavy rivet details and wings that you could fold. It is a far cry from this molding.
I have several aftermarket items for this kit, some I may use some of and other all of, which include Wolfpack wing fold kit (the ProModeller does not incorporate a wing fold option), KCM resin cockpit, Eduard cockpit, and Victory Model's SB2C decal set.

20181229_174113.jpg
20190127_124842.jpg
20190127_124928.jpg
20190127_124954.jpg
20190127_125017.jpg
20190127_125049.jpg

Large 24 page Detail and Scale enhanced instruction book.
20190127_125130.jpg

Included in the kit is this PE set for the engine and dive brakes
20190127_125612.jpg

I ended up with a couple of mask kits, If I recall correctly one came with the decals.
20190127_125158.jpg
20190127_125247.jpg

I have two sets of cockpit detail from Eduard. I want to see what will work best for the cockpit as this has a very large open area for the cockpit and weapons bay.
20190127_125306.jpg
20190127_125329.jpg
20190127_125342.jpg

20190127_125404.jpg
20190127_125413.jpg

I've used the Wolfpack systems before with very good results. I have been particularly pleased that I can use ProWield type glues with it and the plastic. This set comes with PE for the dive breaks also.
20190127_125219.jpg
20190127_125639.jpg

Good one Don. I built the original Monogram version in the 70s. It's now in some landfill outside of Toronto.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Sounds like I'll just have to keep missing out on entering alot of the builds, and doing what I can, when I can on the rest.

Evan, meaning this in the nicest possible way, I think that your challenges in starting and completing a GB are far greater than those that would be resolved with a simple fix to the overlap issue.

Cheers Andy - True, a few challenges...but it might have helped a bit (psychologically atleast - I like to concentrate on one project at a time)

But anyway, dosen't matter, mostly just sad (and disappointed) not to be able to complete things within the time restrictions. My bad...

...BUT I WILL KEEP TRYING ! ! !

Last edited:
Evan, I do understand the feeling. I get to the point of detail (fiddly bits) and I seem to loose interest in the project. Just gotta put other tings out of your mind and follow through. I don't know but I seem to be what they want to call ADHD and just can't keep my mind to one subject. Gotta keep bouncing around. I just have to some times set myself down and focus.

I came across this gem looking for decals for the Buffalo or Blenheim so I bought it. I'll build this for the GB# 41. Be a departure for me. I haven't built anything other than Luftwaffe planes the last 20 years or so. It's a Spit and it has a shark on it !! I grabbed a couple of detail sets for it as well. ( fill up the minimum order kind of thing) looking forward to getting into this one ! I also have no idea why I can't post a picture of it right side up ????? Is there a way to rotate the picture I'm missing ?

Spitfire MKVIII (1)r.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back