GB-46 1:48 Il-2m3 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers friends.

Finished the pit tub today and glued it to the wing center section. Seatbelts are made of masking tape with lead wire buckles. Various scuff marks and dirt were added to give it that lived in look. The small levers on the console are the landing gear and flap controls and these are made of styrene card with a blob of glue on the end.

20052501.jpg
20052502.jpg
20052503.jpg

Thanks guys. That elevator control rod will need to do some serious contortions to thread it's way through the gunner's position. Not sure I'm going to do that and may instead cut it off and glue it separately since it won't be seen in the fuel tank bay.

Lookin good Andy, I didn't have any problems feeding elevator control rod, a little bit of bending but no real difficulty.

Thanks guys. Tim, on dry fits, the control rod was hanging up somewhere inside the guard mounted on the gunner's wall. I've since been able to get a small round file in there and remove whatever the obstruction was and it moves freely now.

Just dipped a toe in the Group Build water. This is where the proper modellers live! Terrifyingly accomplished! 😁

Once again stunning work. I like this kit I've done two, a single seat and this one with the gunner. I like you know dip about the Russian planes so I didn't know anything was wrong. Ignorance is bliss so they say. Looking great though Andy.

Thanks Glenn. I've been busy building some shelving so nothing done. Hope to get back to this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back